Announcements

Hello everyone,
In order to track the tournament today you can follow the below leadersboard:
https://challenge.entelect.co.za/tournaments/box-carting => this uses original positions of players

As described further up (to improve fairness) we will need to process the results from the 2 tournaments to determine the winners. We will make this available at a later date via a consolidated new final leaderboard.

To re-iterate:

• run 1 match
  • run 2nd match with swapped positions
  • winner is player that won twice
  • if draw winner is player with highest total score

Cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can we get the logs for both matches, I see I only have a log on one of the matches done as player-b which is also not really helpful as the focus is currently on player-a.

are you using the visualizer, if so, just select the second player tab and you will have player B as the center

1 Like

Hi @KyleMc, does a win on the leaderboard mean 1) won two legs against one opponent 2) won a single game 3) something else? Or will there be a second tournament with the same seeds?

It seems we’re still in 1st half as I see in logs only one single match and I’m player B in all matches.
So we need to wait for second round? and logs will be updated accordingly?

Hi everyone,

As per our announcement that we will be running two races per match. The current leaderboard only displays the first match result against an opponent.

We will be running a second tournament after the first tournament which will run the match with the switched positions.

So for the time being, watch the leaderboard and monitor your bots performance.
We will issue an update when we have the changes in place to display the second “leg” of the tournament.

5 Likes

If it’s that way then it would actually make sense, so we should then logically have 104 matches in our logs as opposed to 52?

Hi,

That is correct. :+1:

1 Like

Can you guys look at changing the colours on the leaderboard, not very easy on the eyes nor is it readable.

2 Likes

Hi @styphoiz, if you cannot read that black letters on the pink background, then you need to get your eyes tested! hehe. Only joking. Will be marvelous if they can change that neon-green background with the blue-green letters.

1 Like

something seems buggy with the visualizer, shows rounds in an incorrect order.

Hi, my tournament results is currently showing 3 matches played while the leader-board only shows 2, is there some delay or am I missing something?

I had the same thing, first extract the folder, then zip the extracted folder.
@raezor assisted me

Good Luck!

2 Likes

Sorry to bump this but I’ve just played my fourth match and now the leader-board is only showing 3 matches. I have a match against a “John Doe” which seems is not counted

EDIT: can also confirm that my score doesn’t include the match against the John Doe bot

Hi,

There is a delay in updating the leaderboard.

1 Like

Was this bug resolved, I see one of my matches been stuck behind the other player while I am in boost mode, ie. unable to overtake. My bot was stuck behind the other player for a few rounds.

round:17
player: id:1 position: y:2 x:156 speed:15 state:TURNING_RIGHT boosting:true boost-counter:3 powerups: OIL:2
opponent: id:2 position: y:2 x:159 speed:9

[░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░▓░░░░▓░░▓░░░]
[░░░░░1░░2░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░]
[░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░]
[░▓░░░▓▓░░░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░]

=======================================
Completed round: 17

Starting round: 18

======================================================================================================
round:18
player: id:1 position: y:2 x:167 speed:15 state:ACCELERATING boosting:true boost-counter:2 powerups: OIL:2
opponent: id:2 position: y:2 x:168 speed:9

[░░░▓░░░░▓░░▓░░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░]
[░░░░░12░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓░]
[░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓░░▓░░░░░░░]
[░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓░░▓░░░]

Completed round: 18

Starting round: 19

======================================================================================================
round:19
player: id:1 position: y:2 x:176 speed:15 state:ACCELERATING boosting:true boost-counter:1 powerups: OIL:2
opponent: id:2 position: y:2 x:177 speed:9

[░░▓░░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░░░░░░▓░]
[░░░░░12░░░░░░░░▓░░░░░»░░░░]
[░░░░░░▓░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓░]
[░░░░░░░░░░▓░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░░]

Completed round: 19

Starting round: 20

round:20
player: id:1 position: y:2 x:185 speed:9 state:ACCELERATING boosting:false boost-counter:0 powerups: OIL:2
opponent: id:2 position: y:2 x:186 speed:8

[░▓░░░▓░░░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░]
[░░░░░12░░░░░»░░░░░░░░░░▓░░]
[▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░▓░░]
[░▓░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░]

Completed round: 20

Starting round: 21

round:21
player: id:1 position: y:2 x:194 speed:8 state:HIT_MUD boosting:false boost-counter:0 powerups: OIL:2, BOOST:1
opponent: id:2 position: y:2 x:195 speed:9

[░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░»░░▓░]
[░░░»░12░░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░░░░]
[░░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░▓░░░░░░░░░▓░]
[░░░░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░▓▓░░░]

Completed round: 21

The rules state the logic as below for collisions.

Collisions

Commands are processed in parallel, and not sequentially. This means that no bot has a command preference or precedence over the other. Due to this, should after processing bot commands they end up in the same block then, both bots will remain in the lane they were previously, with a speed penalty of -1 being applied.

For Example:

• Bot 1 is in position(3,28) with a speed of 6 and issues a ACCELERATE command => future position is (3,36)
  • Bot 2 is in position(2,31) with a speed of 6 and issues a TURN_RIGHT command => future position is (3,36)
  • The collision will be resolved by moving bot 1 to (3,35) and bot 2 to (2,35)

To my knowledge this was intended:

Think it was intended behaviour.

Maybe something the Entelect team needs to add to the rules, I’ve logged an issues for it, let’s see if it gets updated.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the comment.

1 Like

Hi all,

The first round has completed. There are still some teething issues we are facing, including the leaderboard. (We do have the correct results though). We are actively looking at all issues to try and resolve them before running the second leg.

We will communicate with everyone when the next tournament will start.

Entelect Team

5 Likes