Announcements

Judging by the little activity on here, I suspect EEEEVERYONE is watching the board!
Thanks Team Entelect

1 Like

I would like this opportunity to thank the community for being patient with us.

We are really striving to make sure that all competitors have an fair chance.

Good luck

8 Likes

@floreggian_entelect do we have timelines on the new rules, would like to start building towards it.

All matches for the first tournament has completed. We are in the verification phase now.

We will release comms soon.

Entelect Team

1 Like

For those not subscribed to the github releases, the bomb has dropped:

May Binary have mercy on our souls.

Greetings!
We have released a new version of the starter pack.
You can download it here

New Powerup - Lizard

• Your car jumps for the round to avoid a lizard running across the track!
  • All collisions, powerup pickups, obstacles, and cars are ignored until you land

New Powerup - Tweet Elon Musk

• Parks a Cybertruck ahead where you specify
  • When collided with, it stops the car for that round
    • Car starts next round with 3 speed

New Obstacle - Flimsy Wall

• A wall in disrepair that, when collided with, will reduce the car’s speed to 3

Bugfixes

• Fix turning into a block with an obstacle did not apply the effect
  • Fix turning into a block with a powerup did not cause it to get picked up
  • Fix dropping oil on enemy player right behind you does not affect them
    Thanks to everyone who helped with pull requests and reported issues!

Please let us know if you find anything odd in the balancing of this config, we are open to tweak until Wednesday 27 May 2020 @ 18h00. This deadline will solidify the final tweaks before the upcoming tournaments.

7 Likes

Greetings!
We have released a new version of the starter pack.
You can download it here

Bugfixes

• Add isOccupiedByCyberTruck property to state.json so players can locate cybertrucks
  • Update state files readme to indicate what new features look like which can be found here
  • Update state.json and console.txt example files to illustrate what some of the new features look like which can be found using the link in the bullet point above

Please let us know if you find anything odd in the balancing of this config, we are open to tweak until Wednesday 27 May 2020 @ 18h00. This deadline will solidify the final tweaks before the upcoming tournaments.

3 Likes

Hi, I checked the leaderboard this afternoon and I see additional matches have been played from when the tournament ended? From when I checked this afternoon up till now I see the match count has increased some more, so whatever is happening it seems to be still ongoing. I’m not seeing any extra matches in the “Tournament Results” tab though. Are there currently extra matches being played or is it unintentional?

2 Likes

Yeah…confirmed…strange things seems to be afoot.

Hi @kobus-v-schoor and @demaniak the team is having a look at this issue and will get back to you.

Hi @kobus-v-schoor, the leader board has been temporarily fixed now but the values might be of again. We are looking into finding a permanent fix for this issue soon. For now we will make sure the leader board is correct by updating it manually.

2 Likes

Just want to verify here @siphumelele.dlamini - currently, the leaderboard is not supposed to be updating, at all, right?
Since the next actual tournament is only in June?

Hi @demaniak, yes this is correct. There is a bug in the leaderboard query that is picking up new matches. The team is working on fixing the bug.

3 Likes

Ah ok, cool and thanks.
So I’ll just stop looking at the leader board for now :slight_smile:

Hello everyone.

We are now looking at the various issues raised within the forum and on github and making the relevant changes.

We are looking to release a final build of the starter on 1st June with a code freeze being put in place until the next tournament.

Kind regards
Entelect Team :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello everyone, we have a new release of the starter pack.
This will be considered the “final build” up until the 2nd tournament concludes.
You can download it here

All the best for the 2nd tournament :slight_smile:

Details for release found below:

Bot Updates

• Add golan starter bot
  • Add c++ starter bot
  • Update python starter bot for phase 2
  • Update ref bot for phase 2

Engine Updates

• Updates to game runner to account for running on newer versions of Java
  • Update config to default tournament mode to false as this causes confusion when running matches locally
  • Added tests to confirm behavior with both players colliding with cyber truck
  • Fix bugs regarding lizard powerup:
    • Player on ground cannot overtake by driving under player in air
    • Edge cases regarding collision while both players are in air and/or land in same block
  • Add header to csv output
  • Update csv output to account for version 2 powerups
  • Fix bug where player that stops on wall has speed increased to 3
  • Make default player sorting behaviour be none (i.e. -1) to prevent confusion around player positioning when running matches locally

Readme updates

• Add links to community visualisers
  • Fix issue in readme where flimsy wall symbol was not shown
  • Indicate score increase when using a powerup

4 Likes

I assume the text “Spawn a cyber truck at lane 4, block 76 next round” in the game rules is just a typo and we can place a cyber truck on any visible (and invisible?) block? I didn’t see anything in the code which suggests the restriction to that particular block. Ref:

Hello @marvijo that is correct. The 4 76 was just to illustrate how the command is used. So USE_TWEET 3 750 would place a cyber truck at lane 3 block number 750.

1 Like

Random question:
For the coming tournament, will we still run mirrored seeds?

I have some seeds that has extreme advantage to one side and I’m not sure after the last tournament if this was implemented.

Running a seed with player A and B and then swapping them as mentioned here:

This would really be the most fair approach. I have some seeds where my lead bot wins by 300 tiles and there’s absolutely nothing I can analyze that would change the outcome for the back. Even using Trucks in the best way possible (Though this is debatable, They are fairly handy)

Even playing a weaker bot. Some seeds are just lost and interference is fairly pointless.

So wondering if we are still playing Dual matches

Hello @WillieTheron yes the plan for the 2nd tournament is to still run the 2 matches for proven fairness :slight_smile:

1 Like