Announcements

Hi @kobus-v-schoor and @demaniak the team is having a look at this issue and will get back to you.

Hi @kobus-v-schoor, the leader board has been temporarily fixed now but the values might be of again. We are looking into finding a permanent fix for this issue soon. For now we will make sure the leader board is correct by updating it manually.

2 Likes

Just want to verify here @siphumelele.dlamini - currently, the leaderboard is not supposed to be updating, at all, right?
Since the next actual tournament is only in June?

Hi @demaniak, yes this is correct. There is a bug in the leaderboard query that is picking up new matches. The team is working on fixing the bug.

3 Likes

Ah ok, cool and thanks.
So Iā€™ll just stop looking at the leader board for now :slight_smile:

Hello everyone.

We are now looking at the various issues raised within the forum and on github and making the relevant changes.

We are looking to release a final build of the starter on 1st June with a code freeze being put in place until the next tournament.

Kind regards
Entelect Team :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello everyone, we have a new release of the starter pack.
This will be considered the ā€œfinal buildā€ up until the 2nd tournament concludes.
You can download it here

All the best for the 2nd tournament :slight_smile:

Details for release found below:

Bot Updates

• Add golan starter bot
  • Add c++ starter bot
  • Update python starter bot for phase 2
  • Update ref bot for phase 2

Engine Updates

• Updates to game runner to account for running on newer versions of Java
  • Update config to default tournament mode to false as this causes confusion when running matches locally
  • Added tests to confirm behavior with both players colliding with cyber truck
  • Fix bugs regarding lizard powerup:
    • Player on ground cannot overtake by driving under player in air
    • Edge cases regarding collision while both players are in air and/or land in same block
  • Add header to csv output
  • Update csv output to account for version 2 powerups
  • Fix bug where player that stops on wall has speed increased to 3
  • Make default player sorting behaviour be none (i.e. -1) to prevent confusion around player positioning when running matches locally

Readme updates

• Add links to community visualisers
  • Fix issue in readme where flimsy wall symbol was not shown
  • Indicate score increase when using a powerup

Thanks to everyone who helped with pull requests and reported issues!

4 Likes

I assume the text ā€œSpawn a cyber truck at lane 4, block 76 next roundā€ in the game rules is just a typo and we can place a cyber truck on any visible (and invisible?) block? I didnā€™t see anything in the code which suggests the restriction to that particular block. Ref:

Hello @marvijo that is correct. The 4 76 was just to illustrate how the command is used. So USE_TWEET 3 750 would place a cyber truck at lane 3 block number 750.

1 Like

Random question:
For the coming tournament, will we still run mirrored seeds?

I have some seeds that has extreme advantage to one side and Iā€™m not sure after the last tournament if this was implemented.

Running a seed with player A and B and then swapping them as mentioned here:

This would really be the most fair approach. I have some seeds where my lead bot wins by 300 tiles and thereā€™s absolutely nothing I can analyze that would change the outcome for the back. Even using Trucks in the best way possible (Though this is debatable, They are fairly handy)

Even playing a weaker bot. Some seeds are just lost and interference is fairly pointless.

So wondering if we are still playing Dual matches

Hello @WillieTheron yes the plan for the 2nd tournament is to still run the 2 matches for proven fairness :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome, Cause Im having psycological warfare here.

Theres not many cases, But this will help a lotā€¦ Must just make sure my car does not break on its way to the track awayā€¦ Mehā€¦

Hello everyone, we have a new release of the starter pack.
You can download it here

• The need for this release was due to a bug regarding cybertrucks which gave player 1 a huge disadvantage. We felt this bug had a big enough impact on fairness to warrant the change even though we are in the code freeze.

• It has also been noted the wall generation chance is actually 1% even though it is stated at 5%. We did not update this to respect the code freeze but this will be fixed after the 2nd tournament.

All the best for the 2nd tournament :slight_smile:

Thanks to everyone who helped with pull requests and reported issues!

2 Likes

Hi Entelect Team (cc @floreggian_entelect) , what time is the second tournament starting?

3 Likes

Looks like itā€™s started! https://challenge.entelect.co.za/tournaments/the-furious-and-the-fast-42

5 Likes

looks like a lot more entries this time around!

@Malman: DUDE your bot absolutely nailed it!

1 Like

Go @Malman Iā€™m cheering you on for a 100% win rate!

2 Likes

Haha, thanks guys, holding thumbs!

1 Like

@Malman - you are a mad lad.
Congratulations on that mind bending 100% winrate - when everything is done, I would beseech you to share some info on HOW???

Considering I could not dedicate the time necessary to actually implement cyber truck usage, I will take my current placing with a smile. For now.
Hoping the next game release is not too hectic change-wise, so that I can catch upā€¦ and just maybe, by some miracles, break into the top 10 :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes