Digging score incorrect when shot

Hi

I found this strange issue when testing in a small map (8x8 - no powerups) (to simulate what happens when the battle gets really heated…)

One of my worms (Worm 1, Commando at 5,5) dug open a cell (4,6) and in the same round the opponent (Commando worm at 6,3) shot one of my other worms (Worm 3, Agent worm at 5,3)

I am expecting to get 7 points for digging open the cell, but I only receive 4 points. Any ideas?

Match seed: 15890

Including relevant first 2 rounds below:

=======================================
Starting game

Starting round: 1

My Player:H=400 S=133 W=1 X,Y=5,5
Player 2 :H=400 S=133

██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██
▓▓░░░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓░░23░░▓▓13░░░░
▓▓12░░░░▓▓░░21░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░
▓▓░░22░░▓▓11▓▓▓▓
▓▓░░░░░░▓▓░░░░▓▓
██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██
C;1;dig 4 6
C;1;shoot NW

Completed round: 1

Starting round: 2

My Player:H=392 S=137 W=2 X,Y=1,3
Player 2 :H=400 S=149

██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██
▓▓░░░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓░░23░░▓▓13░░░░
▓▓12░░░░▓▓░░21░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░
▓▓░░22░░▓▓11▓▓▓▓
▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓
██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██
C;2;dig 0 3
C;2;move 3 5

Completed round: 2

Your total score is the sum of your command score (the score you get from digging, moving, shooting, etc) and the total health of your worms divided by the total number of worms per player at the start of the game (i.e. 3).

So here you’re getting points for digging but losing them for having been shot and therefore having lower health. Probably something similar in your other post.

3 Likes

Thanks very much! @Malman

That was indeed the problem. I was thrown a bit by the total score being written into the jsonMap.json file, I had assumed it was the command score.

This topic was automatically closed after 10 days. New replies are no longer allowed.