Game Engine Phase 2

Square over diamond is my preference, if it’s going to go down to a vote

1 Like

Hey guys,

Most of the people are in favour of keeping it a diamond, so I will leave the code as is and make the change to the rules.

If there are any questions or concerns please let me know.

It seems that if a seeker-shot doesn’t find a target then it uses no energy… is this correct?

Thanks MajorPAIN - thought it was a 3x3 block until you set me straight… :slight_smile:

Hi Andre,

The only time no energy will be lost is when an exception is thrown during the shoot method call or if the submarine is destroyed and you try to use the seeker missile. So if the above is not the cause for no energy to be lost there is a bug and should be fixed.

@Andre
Make sure you grab the latest engine code. There was an update on Sunday. Before that the seeker missile would throw exception and use no energy when no targets were in range. If you have the latest and it’s till throwing an exception, well then there is still a bug. After being fired an it doesn’t find a target it should create a “miss” on the square you fired it at.

Hi
it would be nice if the distance between the double shots could be adjusted?

Hi Thinus,

What seems to be the problem with it currently?

Hi
I think it would be a more powerful weapon if the bot during the battle could decide on the spacing between the shots of the double shot. For instance, this would allow the bot to place the shots at both ends of a carrier or battleship.

Newest version seems right (2017-06-23 1.1.1)… but starting energy always seems to be 3 for 7x7, 10x10 & 14x14… shouldn’t this be 2, 3 & 4 respectively? …As double will be available at 8th shot for 7x7 & 10x10 but only on 9th for 14x14 otherwise…

Newest version seems right (2017-06-23 1.1.1)… but starting energy always seems to be 3 for 7x7, 10x10 & 14x14… shouldn’t this be 2, 3 & 4 respectively? …As double will be available at 8th shot for 7x7 & 10x10 but only on 9th for 14x14 otherwise…

Hi Andre,

That is correct, a fix shall be added for this bug.