Game Engine Updates

I see it on occasion with Java as well.

Release 3.0.0

New version 3.0.0 for the Game Engine, Game Runner and Starter Pack.

Download the new version here

Release notes

• Added The Iron Curtain :shield:
    • Protects you against all missiles and Tesla Tower strikes entering your base
    • Costs 100 energy to activate
    • Lasts 6 rounds
    • Only available every 30 rounds (Use it or lose it)
  • Price changes
    • Tesla Tower build cost reduced to 100 energy
2 Likes

Some interesting changes, thanks Pierre.

Just to confirm - does the energy cost for firing a Tesla tower remain the same as before?

Yes, it still costs 100 energy to when a Tesla Tower fire. You can verify any such prices in the game-config.properties file in the starter-pack zipfile.

We hope these changes will bring more variance to the game, and open up new strange strategies. With the final tournament being so close, we want to give everyone a stable game-engine to practice and build their bots for the last push, but if horrible bugs are uncovered, we will gladly fix them ASAP :smile:

2 Likes

@pierre.roux small bug - the iron curtain stats as given to the bots in state.json don’t agree with the info in game-config.properties. Seems like the engine is using the values in game-config.properties though.

@japes thanks :smile:
That is correct, the ironCurtainStats is not accurate. Please use the real values that are those used/described by the game-config.properties file

You can track progress here: https://github.com/EntelectChallenge/2018-TowerDefence/issues/115

1 Like

@pierre.roux another one (I think) - looks like the construction score for the iron curtain isn’t being applied? Maybe this was deliberate?

1 Like

Thanks, got it in the pull request now :wink:
That is one that technically changes gameplay, so we will definitely have a new minor release with the iron curtain construction score fix in. But I would like to wait a week in case any other bugs are uncovered.

1 Like

cool, that makes sense :+1:

I appear to have a problem with Release 3.0.0 The Iron wall was not acticated, but the Tesla tower did not wipe out the opponent buildings. Should the Tesla Tower not destroy the opponent buildings before it is destroyed?

1 Like

Hi
sorry. I found the problem.

:smile: No worries, we really appreciate catching bugs before the big tournament.

I see the problem was that Player A did not have at least 100 energy for the Tesla Tower to fire

1 Like

when are the iron curtain stats fixes going live? I coded ( i.e. I didn’t hard code them in) with the hope that we’ll get the release just in time before the last tournament.

Before the end of this week we will make a minor release with those changes:smile:

I imagine a temporary workaround is to set the values of the ironCurtainStats object to the new values at the start of your bot, and just use the json object as normal (which will have ironCurtainStats overwritten)…after the release you can just remove the overwriting code.

2 Likes

Hi

I still seem to have the problem with 3.0.0 with Tesla

On round 45 Player A had 109 energy. I see Player A constructed a new Defence building at [5,7], costing 30 energy to build. So during that round, the build command was executed first, and afterwards the Tesla Tower checked to fire, but failed since at that time Player A only had 79 energy in reserve.

Player energy income is given at the very end of every round, so the amount of energy you have to use at round 46 is the amount displayed in the previous round.

1 Like

Thank you. I missed the sequence of events.

1 Like

Release 3.0.1

New version 3.0.1 for the Game Engine, Game Runner and Starter Pack.

Release notes

• Fixed incorrect Iron Curtain stats in state file
  • Activating the Iron Curtain now gives a small score to the owner
  • Added details for visualizers to display Tesla Towers and Iron Curtains correctly
1 Like

Release 3.0.2

New version 3.0.2 for the Game Engine, Game Runner and Starter Pack.

Release notes

• Fixed incorrect scoring values on buildings being removed
  • Fixed over-damage scoring from Tesla Tower strikes
  • Fixed threading problem for Haskell bots.
1 Like

Please Check Out This Ticket: