Map sizes

I suggest a 16 x 8 Map size or maybe a bit bigger. This will make it harder for game trees just of the sheer amount of possible moves.

I assume you not using a game tree then? which makes your suggestion a biased one in an attempt to weaken other players?

I did build a game tree but having a larger map drastically weakend my bot. On smaller maps like 10 x 5 it never loses (based on the reference bot) but going up to 16 x 8 it starts loosing alot. I can’t get it past a depth of 2 on larger maps.

The bigger the map the more turns is needed to reach a climax, bigger map dilutes the action and might require more turns for match resolution.

Keep in mind that the reference bot is not intended to be difficult. It will be used in the bot-upload system, as a basic check to prove that your bot can play a match without crashing, to show that it is at least functional after the compilation steps.

To practice and make a really good bot, try playing off against a friend’s bot. Sure you might give away your strategy, but you can also learn a different strategy from them…figuring this out together could boost both of your ranks in the tournaments :wink:

Oh the tease, admin post and no map size included… :wink:

1 Like

If only my friends want to start building something… … hey @critic want to be a friend? :smiley:

Sure, send me your bot so I can test it. :wink:

On a more serious note, I need to adjust to the new map size, so don’t feel confident sharing the bot.