Release 2022.3.1 · EntelectChallenge/2022-Arctica

From my side I would prefer the 27th as well. I am swamped with work this week and would probably not even get to Artica which would be sad since I had a winner bot in the the 2nd phase and would probably drop out in the finals if I dont get a chance to implement some of the new mechanics that has been released.

Truth be told I dont want it to end already, I would love to get more time on this challenge to test some crazy strats and have some fun before the finals.

I know everyone has their own concerns and things to consider so this is just my vote for the 27th but if the tournament date stands for this weekend I would accept it as such.

I would appreciate a deadline of midnight on Sunday 21 August so that the 3rd round can run on 22 August and we should know the top 8 before end of the month.
I am in the group of people that need flight and accommodation bookings if I made the top 8.

There is a third possibility,

I believe another user briefly brought it up in another forum.

If we have two problems:
A) Time to build VS
B) Knowing the top 8

We could consider running the top 8, but then allowing another 2 weeks for finalists to refine their entries.

This would also raise the level of entries we have this year.
As if everyone knows their definitely going they might just push in deep.

Neither of the above cases has much impact on me.

But it is true that we essentially would only have 1 week to integrate Territory.
Which is fine.

BUT… If your week is swamped…
Considering theres still engine breaking bots,

There is a case where some contestants will only have a weekend to work on territory.

**I personally dont feel territory has enough weight to alter the top 8 players much.
My event 2 entry that placed 5th didnt even beat my event 1 entry.

But thats because I completely misunderstood how the status Modifiers worked.

Anyways.

I would say given the overall situation.
It could be viable to establish the top 8 early, Leave a window for refinements as well.

Im working on the condensed visualiser now.
It seems my version cannot handle a 4V4 in a serious matchup anymore.

So I have to work on the condensed logs.
My plans for today is to finalize that visualiser and add the 2 buildings for the last event.

I already know what I want to do for territory.
And it does not alter my existing strategy much, I just need to hook it into my Unit Allocations and things should be awesome.

Territory is a dangerous game / balance.

Anyways, just my thoughts.
If we have two contrasting issues.
Why not try and satisfy both sides.

3 Likes

At this point, im comfortable with either date, my concern is the issues with the engine, I’ve moved back to previous engine and still testing against that without making any changes to cater for the new engine.

My concerns currently:
Is the engine going to be ready to run tests on it locally?
Is the engine going to accept our bots that are running on the previous version of the engine, I have seen my bot doing poorly when uploading, i don’t know what version is on the portal currently?