Release 2023.2.3 · EntelectChallenge/2023-Cy-Fi

+1 for slightly reducing collectible requirements to level up

2 Likes

I did think about the 3 per tick rule, but I did test with only 2 bots with the same issue, but after adding the bool it ran fine and I could see in 4v4 matches where it skipped ticks due to last in and it worked fine.

I don’t mind the 100 x 100 map, I’m just thinking about less skilled bots would have a better chance on the bigger maps. but yes if playing on the 100x 100 map a lower collectible would be better to balance, since I assume the 100 collectible is set based on the 200x500 map size

1 Like

Ok so I did a test now I hooked up a visualizer to the game engine and that may cause the delay on my end, although it is waiting for the method to complete I think it pushes the gameloop over the 150ms processing.

1 Like

I agree that less collectables should be required for lower levels. In fact, I think the setting for this is being ignored:
“Collectables”: [
]
Presumably this means you need 20 for lvl1, 60 for lvl2 etc. Unless I’m wrong and this means something else.

Hi, this has changed in the last engine updates, so the first person needs the maximum to proceed, 2nd person needs a bit less and so on, so in theory all players can proceed to next level in one go, not sure how that will process thou. But each level the 1st guy needs 100 to advance.

@Izak / @Jenique I just had a look at my latest submissions logs, it looks like the minimum number of collectables was lowered as follows (with what looks to be the previous logic where the number of collectables needed is fixed):

1. Level 1: 10
  2. Level 2: 30
  3. Level 3: 50
  4. Level 4: 60

Is that going to be the settings for the tournament?

Hi @kobus-v-schoor ,

It’s not quite like that. It means the first person to jump to the next level needs 60 collectables, the second 50 etc.

This is for all levels

1 Like