Tournament Fairness and Resource Distribution

I think the main reason this happens is because of unfair distribution when bot processing is the same,

Then player 1 will be able to send their moves first.

And as we identified. The move received first will get the resources.
If we do get the update where resources are weighted should be enough.

Also from what I observed. I doubt any 2 of us will settle on the exact same strategy in terms of:
What res to prioritize, when to prioritise
When to start and stop building
Even Where to build and what buildings to prioritize.

Even if all the top 8 unit behaviours are identical and 100% efficient they still need to have a building Strategy that makes sense.

And building strategy is complex.
It could easily become a rock paper scisors scenario in some lower end batches.

There’s also the leaderboard.
My event 2 entry edged on broken. Given, It was still pretty close to my event 1 entry.
But it was bugged and less efficient.

What i mean is it mishandled buildings, I didnt understand how the statusmodifiers worked.
In the end I couldnt even beat my event 1 bot that also farmed gold in a 1 V 1.
So from event 2 I know that only 4 bots can be optimum.

Granted, We can have a few sleepers, That is extremely strong entries that has not featured or even submitted yet.

Theres so many minor strategy shifts that can make the difference between winning and losing that i feel map placement and seed is irrelevant (Ignoring the Res distribution).

The second factor is what seed placement gives you.
As long as your population can grow at a maximum rate and we have fair resource distribution.
It will not matter whose closest to which nodes at the end.
At least not in the span of a match.

Mainly because the resource part of the game only matures when you enter the 5th - 6th tier.
By then everyone had enough time to prepare for resource wars.

Did you account for when 3 or 4 players send commands in to the same node?

That last stone or gold node will definitely be a popular hangout…

1 Like

Yup, it should work out fairly for more than two players as well - in my PR your number of units is determined by your units / total units sent to the node * available slots so if there’s four players, each sending 1000 units you’re going to get 1000 / 4000 * 1000 = 250 units allocated to the node.

Not sure how it’s going to be done in the final release though

2 Likes