Big news?

What is that coming over the hill? Sounds like some BIG NEWS! You will have to man your walls and send out your scouts to see what it could be.

1 Like

Did not expect that we’ll be able to edit our bots :sweat_smile: Was quite happy living in denial until the 24th. Since we’ll be allowed to tweak our bots before the finals will the leaderboard also be released to gauge how much tweaking we need to do?

EDIT: For the uninitiated, finalists got an email saying we’ll be able to make changes until the 14th. RIP

Geeez what a spanner is the works!

Time to get back on it I guess!

Crazy days ahead!

Im so greatful.

Now I can make sure I dont cap out at that 140ish K zone.

I had 1 thing i really wish I could impliment. And now thanks to these amazing guys at entelect I can.

From this point onwards I am not a programmer…
But rather some kind of artist.

Hyper excited.
My bot is rpetty good but I can stress test the thing now.

Just refining territory, My strategy is already in and pretty advance, but I saw some improvements.
Needless to say i personally did NOT work on my bot any more.

I pushed so hard I had a bit of a backlog on work and sleep.
But now I can put down.
Weekends gone. Im treating this coming saturday as my true deadline.

From there I just want to search for bugs

Thank you team.
Im fairly confident in my entry, But theres still a looming chance that I can cap at the wrong population.

Now I will make sure everything works
Goodluck everyone.

This news means you will have my best :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

Lol I don’t even know if I should be excited or scared :crossed_fingers: that I don’t break my bot again.

I also would like to see the leaderboard if we could.

Babysteps…

You dont publish untested features now…

1 Like

I have no objections, as the leaderboard will not be a reflection of the finals.

Though it very well could also…
But at the very least it would show us if theres serious bugs in our code.
**You should see if you dropped off match wise.

Edit: The negative side is 5 days isnt a lot of time for improvement and it could be discouraging if for example theres a major gap between number 1 and number 8.

Just a random thought

easy for you to say, I STILL haven’t started territory. Looks like a sleepless week lies ahead for me.

The territory I have in now I built in 2 days,

And its pretty advanced. But that was after doing 14 hour days behind my own bot.
So I was very very warm still as well.

I did now give the engine less time for ticks.
That alone will really speed up my dev time.

Waiting for tick 2000 on a 250 MS per tick is really painful…

Edit: Ran my bot against itself.
I definately need to take a close look at my bot because its still losing control if it runs itself in a 4v4…

Anyways, Goodluck all, I will be pushing my all.
Also seeing the leaderboard gives me that extra little bit of motivation.
But I do have some unresolved issues to handle.

Really looking forward…

Hi everyone,

Go and have a look at the leaderboard on the portal. We have decided to release the information for the previous tournament and have given the finalists a bit of time to go and do some last minute tweaks to their bots.

2 Likes

Hi @Jako I don’t see it reflecting as yet, does the website take some time to sync up?

Apologies, some critters got into our camp. We have chased them out, tidied up and everything should be showing now.

2 Likes

Well now I’m definitely too scared to make changes :sweat_smile: Thanks for releasing the leaderboard!

3 Likes

Yeah, Your balance must be impeccable.

Assessing where my own bot is at, your bot seems very close to perfect.
Though I can easily find myself in a bit of trouble with my own bot. Im going to fix that.

Im really excited for this year.
Im greatful for these next few days because in all honestly I only gave myself 2 days for territory and I had so many ideas there.

And I have to work this around load shedding, but I guess thats okay. Need to sleep sometime.

This is a very interesting turn of events . My bot was somewhat rushed, so (despite my initial reservations) it’s nice to have a few more days to play around with optimizations.

With that said, I think my PC was hoping that the challenge was done and dusted - running a match with four bots gives it a proper beating! :laughing: