ChatGPT or Similar

Hi Everyone,

So, by this point, many smug students have no doubt plugged the game rules into ChatGPT and are busy parsing through the results. What is Entelect’s stance on this?

If I understand the rules correctly, currently we are not meant to submit code we did not write. On the other hand, it would seem unwise to exclude the use of a tool which would be impossible to detect and which many of us are already using in our daily lives.

(This was not written by AI :slight_smile: )

P.S. If this is explicitly addressed anywhere already, I do apologise. I did not see it.

I think if someone can they should,

This is an AI challenge so why not allow AI.
But from what I have seen so far from ChatGPT 3.5 its really terrible at problem solving and Innovation.

At least on complex code.

I think it will be hard to generate a query that actually generates a flawless solution.

Now this assumes past solutions where you required a deep understanding of your codebase to make improvements.

In the end my thoughts are.
ChatGPT will not improve the quality of your entry.

It will merely speed up your workflow.

Maybe help you find a bug or two.
As its an AI challenge,
Im sure the team will not have an issue if AI is used in it.

I mean. Most contestants use AI libraries and trainers.
Is Chat GPT really any different?

I can make a case that it is not.
I cant write better AI with ChatGPT. Im still limited to my own strategic capacity.

Maybe the team has a different stance on this.
But to me this is an AI challenge. So banning AI sounds counter intuitive…

Not that this impacts my own approach.

1 Like

Hey @PhoneticallyUnstable,

There is no rule against using ChatGPT, you can try use it to create a bot or make improvements. Not sure how much value it would be able to add to your bot though :slight_smile:

Honestly, I need all the help I can get . :smiley:

Thanks for your response :slight_smile:

1 Like