Console mode not working

I’ve been trying to play some games in the console to test out how the game works, but I get this error:

Exception in thread "Thread-3" scala.NotImplementedError: Base map renderer => command prompt
    at za.co.entelect.challenge.game.contracts.renderer.BaseMapRenderer.commandPrompt(BaseMapRenderer.scala:29)
    at za.co.entelect.challenge.player.ConsolePlayer.setExecutionResult(ConsolePlayer.java:36)
    at za.co.entelect.challenge.player.entity.BasePlayer.executeBot(BasePlayer.java:79)
    at za.co.entelect.challenge.engine.runner.GameEngineRunner.lambda$onProcessRound$1(GameEngineRunner.java:130)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Is playing games from the console not supported at all this year or is it just still to be added?

Either that or I’m making a silly mistake here - I’m trying to enable console play by setting “player-a” in game-runner-config.json to “console”. I think that’s what worked last year but I could be wrong.

1 Like

Hi @Malman

It is supposed to be supported, but we might have missed something. Passing this on to the game engine team :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Malman,

The game engine team is looking into the problem and will have feedback as soon as possible. If it was an oversight in implementation we will add it as soon as we can. :grinning:

1 Like

Hi @Malman

We have pushed a fix for this. A new starter pack will be released soon.

1 Like

Hello @Malman we have published a new release with console mode working now.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Super, console mode works now :slight_smile:

@KyleMc - can I maybe suggest that a single topic (or something) be created where new releases are announced?
Just a thought.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Yes, I agree. it’s good to receive an announcement on new release.

Hello @demaniak and @Ehsan we agree with this. Will revert once we have a solution to announcing new releases :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks @KyleMc,
I tried the watching release on github and it seems working as an interim or even permanent announcement solution as it does its job.
I received email on new release just now from github.

1 Like

@Ehsan that is awesome. I personally like a release page on the forum so that users can ask questions about the new release, but as said will revert once we decide on a solution :slight_smile:

2 Likes