Early Bird Showdown

Don’t let the early bird get the better of your worms. There are 3 days left to submit a bot for the first tournament of the Entelect Challenge.

2 Likes

Hi Everyone,

Just an update on the running of the tournament. Please make sure that the bot you want to use for the tournament is uploaded before midnight Sunday. We will use the last submission that had a successful reference match for the tournament. If you upload after midnight then that submission will not be considered for the tournament.

The tournament matches will start running at 8am Monday morning. You can see the progress of the tournament and your bot’s ranking on the leaderboards page.

2 Likes

Hey guys!

The looks like nothing has started yet. Will those that have not submitted yet be allowed to submit still?

Nevermind, just saw this

Awesome, I see there are match logs between bots, this will be interesting for analysis purposes

3 Likes

Good luck everyone! May the best bot win! :smiley:

3 Likes

Worst thing about these challenges is when you realize you have a bug in your code, last minute update.

By no means complaining about my results, but the playoff matches will provide valuable information going forward.

Hello Entelect. @Wackymax @Edwin Me and a few of my colleagues have been looking at the tournament and all of us who submitted .NET Core bots are getting exceptions in the tournament. Seems like the game runner throws a null reference exception,

Please see this thread: https://forum.entelect.co.za/t/none-of-the-net-core-bots-are-working-in-the-tournament/

Hi Everyone,

All scheduled matches for the tournament have been run. We will now enter a verification phase for the tournament so you might see the leaderboard update as we re-run some failed matches.

We will update this thread once the final results are in.

2 Likes

Hi, my bot isn’t showing up in the leaderboard and in the submissions page it still says “match in progress”. it did build successfully at midday yesterday

Hi @marcin_k

Unfortunately you need a successful Reference match to be entered into the tournament.

We checked the logs on our side for your reference match and this was the output:

INFO:BotRunnerv2:Started Bot Instance............
BotRunnerv2 : INFO     Started Bot Instance............
ERROR:threaded_process:2019-06-03 17:49:22.679450: I tensorflow/core/platform/cpu_feature_guard.cc:141] Your CPU supports instructions that this TensorFlow binary was not compiled to use: AVX2 FMA

threaded_process: ERROR    2019-06-03 17:49:22.679450: I tensorflow/core/platform/cpu_feature_guard.cc:141] Your CPU supports instructions that this TensorFlow binary was not compiled to use: AVX2 FMA

ERROR:threaded_process:2019-06-03 17:49:22.684113: I tensorflow/core/platform/profile_utils/cpu_utils.cc:94] CPU Frequency: 2394445000 Hz

threaded_process: ERROR    2019-06-03 17:49:22.684113: I tensorflow/core/platform/profile_utils/cpu_utils.cc:94] CPU Frequency: 2394445000 Hz

ERROR:threaded_process:2019-06-03 17:49:22.684456: I tensorflow/compiler/xla/service/service.cc:150] XLA service 0x565248de8320 executing computations on platform Host. Devices:

threaded_process: ERROR    2019-06-03 17:49:22.684456: I tensorflow/compiler/xla/service/service.cc:150] XLA service 0x565248de8320 executing computations on platform Host. Devices:

ERROR:threaded_process:2019-06-03 17:49:22.684483: I tensorflow/compiler/xla/service/service.cc:158]   StreamExecutor device (0): <undefined>, <undefined>

threaded_process: ERROR    2019-06-03 17:49:22.684483: I tensorflow/compiler/xla/service/service.cc:158]   StreamExecutor device (0): <undefined>, <undefined>

ERROR:threaded_process:WARNING:tensorflow:From marcink.py:76: load (from tensorflow.python.saved_model.loader_impl) is deprecated and will be removed in a future version.

threaded_process: ERROR    WARNING:tensorflow:From marcink.py:76: load (from tensorflow.python.saved_model.loader_impl) is deprecated and will be removed in a future version.

ERROR:threaded_process:Instructions for updating:

threaded_process: ERROR    Instructions for updating:

ERROR:threaded_process:This function will only be available through the v1 compatibility library as tf.compat.v1.saved_model.loader.load or tf.compat.v1.saved_model.load. There will be a new function for importing SavedModels in Tensorflow 2.0.

threaded_process: ERROR    This function will only be available through the v1 compatibility library as tf.compat.v1.saved_model.loader.load or tf.compat.v1.saved_model.load. There will be a new function for importing SavedModels in Tensorflow 2.0.

It is on us that we did not correctly report this to you in time, but we will not be able to run your bot for the first tournament.

Please do not be discouraged to enter for the next tournaments and if there are any issues like this where your bot seems to be stuck for an unreasonable amount of time feel free to poke us and we’ll try our best to help you out.

Those are warnings that you get when you import that build of tensorflow in any program, not errors per se. I’m still not sure why it didnt run the reference match

It’s not a problem that it didnt play in the first tournament, my submission was basically just to see if I can get all the libraries & dependencies working right in the tournament server. So I’d still like to find out why it didn’t run

2 Likes

Congratulations Mallin, Willie & Ralf!

Looking forward to our next encounter! :slight_smile:
I am busy upgrading and leveling up my current worms. They are going through a rigorous training program… They will be fitter, stronger, and smarter.

3 Likes

Hey, Thank you,

The tournament was a great one, Just hope it does not force everyone to pretty much use the same tactics, So I hope there’s major changes for the last event cause there’s a lot of tactic that’s going to get copied from way high… But competition is always good.

But its also dangerous, because there’s now the banana bomb, so if you flat out copy you run the risk of missing a balancing tactic, Would be so epic if the top three this round will be kill bots.

I learned a lot from the first event, and I’m not even going to touch the new harness for the next week or two. Have a number of updates and fixes planned for V1. Gotta get better. There’s a few worms coming for my blood. And I had so many close calls…

All and all, Its an epic challenge.

3 Likes