Error when running rungame.bat

I get the following output when I run rungame.bat

C:\Users\Itumeleng\Downloads\Game.Engine.-.Version.1.0.1\Game Engine - Version 1
.0.1\Version 1.0.1\Game Engine>Battleships.exe -b "W:\Projects\100k\2017\Source\
Reference Bots\C#\RefenceBot\RefenceBot\bin\Debug" "W:\Projects\100k\2017\Source
\Reference Bots\C#\RefenceBot\RefenceBot\bin\Debug" --clog --pretty --debug
Starting new game
Failed to load bot W:\Projects\100k\2017\Source\Reference Bots\C#\RefenceBot\Ref
enceBot\bin\Debug
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: No bot meta file found at location W:\Projects\
100k\2017\Source\Reference Bots\C#\RefenceBot\RefenceBot\bin\Debug\bot.json
   at BotRunner.Util.BotMetaReader.ReadBotMeta(String botLocation) in W:\Project
s\100k\2017\Github\2017-Batteships\GameEngine\Battleships\BotRunner\Util\BotMeta
Reader.cs:line 16
   at Battleships.BattleshipsGame.LoadBot(String botLocation, String logLocation
, Boolean noLimit, Boolean haltOnError) in W:\Projects\100k\2017\Github\2017-Bat
teships\GameEngine\Battleships\Battleships\BattleshipsGame.cs:line 221
System.Exception: Failed to load bot W:\Projects\100k\2017\Source\Reference Bots
\C#\RefenceBot\RefenceBot\bin\Debug
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: No bot meta file found at location W:\Projects\
s\100k\2017\Github\2017-Batteships\GameEngine\Battleships\BotRunner\Util\BotMeta
, Boolean noLimit, Boolean haltOnError) in W:\Projects\100k\2017\Github\2017-Bat
teships\GameEngine\Battleships\Battleships\BattleshipsGame.cs:line 230
   at Battleships.BattleshipsGame.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.<StartNewGame>b__0(String
 botFolder) in W:\Projects\100k\2017\Github\2017-Batteships\GameEngine\Battleshi
ps\Battleships\BattleshipsGame.cs:line 62
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectArrayIterator`2.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.InsertRange(Int32 index, IEnumerable`1 c
ollection)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.AddRange(IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at Battleships.BattleshipsGame.StartNewGame(Options options) in W:\Projects\1
00k\2017\Github\2017-Batteships\GameEngine\Battleships\Battleships\BattleshipsGa
me.cs:line 60

What to do?

See here, I replied and gave the answer there:

It should fix your problem.

Unfortunately, there’s no change when I replace “bin\Debug\ReferenceBot.exe” with “ReferenceBot.exe”.

Hi itumel, what is the error after the you applied the mentioned fix?

Hi itumel,

It seems like the game is executing with the incorrect path. Please change the bot directory passed to the game engine so that it does not point to the build files, it should be two directories up so that it is in the root of the source files for the reference bot. That way the game engine should find the bot.json file pointing it in the correct direction to find the executable files.

So to be clear, the game engine should be executed as follows:
C:\Users\Itumeleng\Downloads\Game.Engine.-.Version.1.0.1\Game Engine - Version 1 .0.1\Version 1.0.1\Game Engine>Battleships.exe -b "W:\Projects\100k\2017\Source\ Reference Bots\C#\RefenceBot\RefenceBot" "W:\Projects\100k\2017\Source \Reference Bots\C#\RefenceBot\RefenceBot" --clog --pretty --debug

Hi,

I don’t think there’s a difference in the error output after I change runfile property to “ReferenceBot.exe”, as below:

C:\Users\Itumeleng\Downloads\Game.Engine.-.Version.1.0.1\Game Engine - Version 1
.0.1\Version 1.0.1\Game Engine>Battleships.exe -b "W:\Projects\100k\2017\Source\
Reference Bots\C#\RefenceBot\RefenceBot\bin\Debug" "W:\Projects\100k\2017\Source
\Reference Bots\C#\RefenceBot\RefenceBot\bin\Debug" --clog --pretty --debug
Starting new game
Failed to load bot W:\Projects\100k\2017\Source\Reference Bots\C#\RefenceBot\Ref
enceBot\bin\Debug
System.Exception: Failed to load bot W:\Projects\100k\2017\Source\Reference Bots
\C#\RefenceBot\RefenceBot\bin\Debug
teships\GameEngine\Battleships\Battleships\BattleshipsGame.cs:line 230
   at Battleships.BattleshipsGame.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.<StartNewGame>b__0(String
 botFolder) in W:\Projects\100k\2017\Github\2017-Batteships\GameEngine\Battleshi
ps\Battleships\BattleshipsGame.cs:line 62
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectArrayIterator`2.MoveNext()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.InsertRange(Int32 index, IEnumerable`1 c
ollection)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.AddRange(IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at Battleships.BattleshipsGame.StartNewGame(Options options) in W:\Projects\1
00k\2017\Github\2017-Batteships\GameEngine\Battleships\Battleships\BattleshipsGa
me.cs:line 60

In your rungame.bat, make sure the path points correctly to your bot location. I think you’re using the Entelect path and not your own local path.

Sorry for being daft (I am new to this) but I edited the rungame.bat file and changed it to the following:

Battleships.exe -b “C:\Users\Itumeleng\Downloads\Game.Engine.-.Version.1.0.1\Game Engine - Version 1.0.1\Version 1.0.1\Reference Bots\C#” “C:\Users\Itumeleng\Downloads\Game.Engine.-.Version.1.0.1\Game Engine - Version 1.0.1\Version 1.0.1\Reference Bots\C#” --clog --pretty --debug

This seems to work