I ran some garage tests and patches my end and this was some of the data I concluded…
I am building my own cmd mimification algorithm that can mimify everything.
But some of my finds for example are:
The word: “Position” for example occurs 3 Million Times.
Merely Changing the occurrence of “Position” to “P” reduces my filesize by 50 MB.
And that was a singular change.
What I am going to do is write a json log mimifier that replaces recurring words with shorter ones that I note in shorthand.
But also something that strips out text that I dont need for the visualiser
Like: “RegenerationRate”:null that has no use but takes 21MB and occurs 900 000 times.
Im not going to go too crazy,
Im basically just using:
Find and Replace Text, Hooked to a bat file like below:
fart.exe -c *.json ““Position”” ““P”” &
fart.exe -c --remove *.json ““RegenerationRate”:null,” &
And then I can run my match, copy it in my replay folder, Run my own “Mimifier” and then just make sure that my visualiser runs the mimified code.
The bad side of this is:
Its not very global friendly.
I can update my visualiser to run a mimified version of the logs.
And I can post my exact mimification settings here.
But I cannot upload the mimification program to github for example.
If anyone would be interested in my visualiser tweaked for a mimified log,
As well as the exact bat metrics if you have the following file:
Feel free to let me know in this thread.
This might not do anything for the actual competition itself.
Or restrictions where the actual game-engine cannot handle logs.
But it will at least let me run my visualiser and build while the logs are relooked at.
For now I might not even remove anything,
Just Shorthand all “Object keys” from things like: “Position” → P and “RegenerationRate → RR”
It suits my AI programming style. (I really just do this cause its hyper fun)
But if I shorthand the Object Keys I can keep the visualiser running without stripping content.
This is my own thoughts, Experiences and what i am doing from a “lets reduce the size” perspective.
As I mentioned, Position occurs 3 million times in my match. That means that theres 21 million characters that exist merely for readability in this single key.
Im building complete key replacing script now.
Replacing all lengthily keys (For now)
If my estimations are correct, I should be able to half the size of my logs.
This will fix my visualiser.
Entelect might want to look at a similar approach.
As mentioned in another thread,
Im not sure what happened with the condensed log settings from the first event.
If anyone has acces to them still let me know.
I can also try and adapt the Seuntjie port of my visualiser for those logs for Event 3.
Running a text mimifier to fix the logs so they are small enough to simulate and load into memory is the only way I can go.
**Also need to impliment fast so i can work on my actual entry.