Friendlies

Good morning Challengers!

Same as last year, after Build-A-Bot we’ll be hosting Friendly matches again every Friday (if we don’t forget to press the button :rofl:).

Just a reminder about “Friendlies”, they don’t count towards any scores or points. They are provided as a tool to test your bots against other participants.

Therefore, the “Friendlies” are an opt-in feature. Here’s how you can opt-in:

1. Sign in to the Entelect Challenge portal challenge.entelect.co.za
  2. Open the sidebar and select “Settings”
  3. Choose the Tournaments tab on the left side
  4. Select the “Participate in friendly tournaments” checkbox

Your bot is now opted-in for “Friendlies”.

Since “Friendlies” are provided as a tool for you to improve, and not a formal tournament, you won’t be provided with the match logs or bot logs after a tournament. You will only receive the following information:
a. Your bot’s placement
b. Your bot’s score
c. The match seed
d. The match ID (if you need the Entelect Challenge team to debug a match)
e. The status of the match

Using this information, you should be able to run the matches locally and find out where your bot disobeyed orders. This information will be provided on the new “Friendlies” tab on the Submissions page

NB! The “Friendlies” require a minimum of 8 bots to be ready and opted-in in order to run the tournament.

If there are less than 8 bots ready and opted-in, the tournament will not run.

2 Likes

Nice!

What time will the friendly tournaments run?

Every Friday at midnight until Tournament 2

Please let me know if you can see the results of the first tournament on the website?

@Izak thanks I can see the leaderboard/friendlies results from my side :+1: Are the friendly matches now run with the new hero window size (10)?

1 Like

Hey @kobus-v-schoor, yes, they are running on release 2024.0.5