With the epic conclusion of Tournament 2 - NOVA, it is time again to get cracking with the next leg of the challenge!
Welcome to Round 3…
- Once a match, a supernova pickup will spawn in the center of the world.
- Whoever collects it first will be able to set off a Supernova!
- When fired, it travels like a torpedo, but does not collide with anything
- Whoever fired it can send a command to detonate, causing massive damage in an area around it, and leaving a gas cloud in its wake!
- Be careful, as it must be detonated before leaving world bounds!
- Your bot will receive a shield charge once every 20 ticks.
- The shield can be activated with a command.
- Once active, any torpedoes you hit will bounce right off!
- It takes a portion of your size to activate
- Shields stay up for a set time, before disappearing.
- Your bot will receive a teleporter charge once every 20 ticks
- When activated, a teleporter is fired, travelling across the map like a torpedo, but collides with nothing
- You can then choose to teleport to it at any time!
Further details can be found in the game rules
As always, the above numbers are subject to change, and the latest balancing can be found in the Engine’s appsettings.json file.
We have released a new version of the starter-pack too, available here .
If you currently are on a starter pack, please grab the latest from above - version 2021.3.0
If you have cloned the repository to use docker or just to investigate, please ensure your clone is up to date!
The visualizer has been updated with these new features, and supports them out the box.
For those on Linux, we have confirmed support for Debian based systems. If you are experiencing any issues, please reach out to us here on the forum!
Also, if you spot any bugs or feel something’s a bit too strong or a bit too weak, let us know! We want your feedback and suggestions, and have a long way to go until Tournament 3 - plenty of time to make this the best challenge yet!
The Round 3 Freeze period will start on the 8th of August 2021.