GameObjects assumption(s)

Hi,
I noticed an additional value in the GameObjects (node?), am I safe to assume it’s useless (for now at least)?

I’m reasonably sure that is “Active Effects” to make the structure same as the PlayerObjects structure

1 Like

@scavanger good find! Didn’t spot this one.

@cairnswm 's assumption is right. This is the active effects bit flag. We use one mapping layer to keep consistency across the game object and player object state arrays, and as such that has come through there.

… Phase 2, active effect npc objects… ? :wink:

Just for clarity. Indeed, it is the active effect field. It will never have a value for an item in the GameObject dictionary.

1 Like

I noticed if I switch on my afterburner - and then switch off my afterburner. (and keep switching off my afterburner)

The “Afterburner” affect never seems to be cleared from my PlayerObject (even after many game ticks).

Is anyone else seeing this behaviour…?

Hi @UberGeoff,

Could you provide us with an example of the log that shows this?

Sure thing…

I tried to upload my game state files - but this site is complaining that the JSON file is too big… :frowning:

How else can I get it to you…?

However you can see my “game log” here:

[FEED]: Food D:350, EnemyIs:S137/V0/D515 - (S7/V29), Ems: 1, AC: StopAfterburner

###=>

SWITCH OFF: afterburner's, PlayerAction: StopAfterburner, CurrentAction: StopAfterburner, StateId: 1

***=> smallest Enemy: Size=137

Path length: = 2. First: 379, Last: 542

[FEED]: Food D:379, EnemyIs:S137/V0/D542 - (S6/V34), Ems: 1, AC: StopAfterburner

###=>

[INFO] [RunLoop]: Game Tick Time: 108 milliseconds

[DEBUG] [Engine.ConnectionState]: Connected

[INFO] [Engine]: Tick: 252, Player Count: 2

[DEBUG] [dc26: Size]: 137

[DEBUG] [dc26: Speed]: 2

[DEBUG] [dc26: Position]: -326:-236

[DEBUG] [c344: Size]: 6

[DEBUG] [c344: Speed]: 34

[DEBUG] [c344: Position]: -988:-508

[INFO] [GameStatePublished]: Tick: 253, Player Count: 2, Object Count: 362

Previous Target exists, updating resolution

Player action:1:203

[INFO] [Logger]: Tick: 253, Adding to log

SWITCH OFF: afterburner's, PlayerAction: StopAfterburner, CurrentAction: StopAfterburner, StateId: 1

***=> smallest Enemy: Size=137 

Path length: = 2. First: 413, Last: 575

[FEED]: Food D:413, EnemyIs:S137/V0/D575 - (S5/V40), Ems: 1, AC: StopAfterburner

###=>

***=>  smallest Enemy: Size=137

Path length: = 2. First: 413, Last: 575

[FEED]: Food D:413, EnemyIs:S137/V0/D575 - (S5/V40), Ems: 1, AC: StopAfterburner

###=>

Everytime you see the [FEED] - that’s me submitting a player command. i.e. As you can see - I am always stating/posting “AC: StopAfterburner”

BUT when the game loop starts again (Over many many game ticks). I keep seeing “StateId: 1” and 1 means that my Afterburner is still active. :frowning: This seems wrong - as i am no longer using my afterburner.

I believe this number should not be 1 anymore - not so? - it should switch back to 0 when there are no more effect’s affecting my player…?

Side note: my afterburner’s do indeed get switch off correctly - i.e. they still behave correctly. However this “active effects” is incorrectly “still shown” as 1 - and this will affect me going forward - as I can’t make “smarter” decisions based on this “active effect”

1 Like

Hi @UberGeoff!

Please mail them through to the challenge@entelect.co.za and I will make sue the team takes a look.

Thx - I have sent it to the email provided…

1 Like

Hi @UberGeoff,

This flag is not currently in use (yet) so this won’t have an effect on your bot, if you want to ensure the afterburner is switched off, please refer to the speed attribute. Thank you for providing the log files, we are looking into it to ensure the values are correct for future use.

If you have any other questions regarding the afterburner or any of the other effects, please let us know.

1 Like

OK - it seems this flag works super great in many instances - it just acts up when I switch off my afterburner.

Looking forward to any “updates” - as it is quite critical to my “game plan” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Hi @UberGeoff,

Thanks for the feedback, we are keen to see what the community does going forward! :slight_smile: