Is Golang allowed as a programming language?

Really no Golang support? :open_mouth:

I did my submission last year in golang, you just need to build the bot from scratch :sweat_smile: (and also you don’t get support from the team if things go off the rail with your bot). Alternatively, use my bot from last year as a starter bot: GitHub - kobus-v-schoor/entelect-2022: Submission for the 2022 Entelect Challenge. Placed 1st in the finals.

2 Likes

Hi @618 :slight_smile:

Essentially, participants are allowed to write bots in any language that they want, provided that they are able to connect to the game with it.

The way the bots communicate with the game is through a technology called SignalR. This is like a connection protocol, not a specific language. If SignalR is available in Golang then they are welcome to create a starter bot of their own making use of it. It is also recommended to use our starter bots as references.

Since each starter bot takes time and effort to set up and get working correctly, we can only create so many. As such, we won’t provide any more starter bots over and above the ones that we have currently made available. Unless, perhaps, there is a large community outcry, in which case we can take a look at it but no promises.

Thank you for sharing your experience as well @kobus-v-schoor :smiley:

1 Like