Issue with game runner

Hi guys

Before I delve deeper into the underlying cause and wasting time. Has anyone seen this before on the game-runner. It’s a clean download and I get the following after a “make run” on Linux Mint with Java ver. 11.

java -jar target/game-runner-4.0.0-jar-with-dependencies.jar
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by za.co.entelect.challenge.engine.bootstrapper.GameBootstrapper (file:/home/jaco/EntelectChallenge/2019-Worms/game-runner/target/game-runner-4.0.0-jar-with-dependencies.jar) to field java.lang.ClassLoader.scl
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of za.co.entelect.challenge.engine.bootstrapper.GameBootstrapper
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
Reading config file: ./game-runner-config.json
No match id found. Generating one
Building game name
Player A id not found. Generating one
Player B id not found. Generating one
Match will be running with a seed of: 3119
WARNING: sun.reflect.Reflection.getCallerClass is not supported. This will impact performance.
Config for player A : ../starter-bots/javascript
../starter-bots/javascript/
Config for player B : ../reference-bot/javascript
../reference-bot/javascript/
java.lang.Exception: No implementation found for: za.co.entelect.challenge.game.contracts.bootstrapper.GameEngineBootstrapper
java.lang.Exception: No implementation found for: za.co.entelect.challenge.game.contracts.bootstrapper.GameEngineBootstrapper
    at za.co.entelect.challenge.engine.loader.GameEngineClassLoader.loadEngineObject(GameEngineClassLoader.java:43)
    at za.co.entelect.challenge.engine.bootstrapper.GameBootstrapper.run(GameBootstrapper.java:61)
    at za.co.entelect.challenge.engine.bootstrapper.GameBootstrapper.main(GameBootstrapper.java:38)

Hi @sparky

Which version of the starterpack are you using? We have encountered this before, but I believe it was fixed it in the 2019.0.1 starter pack release.

If you are already using the latest starter pack, please double check that the game-runner config is pointing to the correct game-engine jar.

If that still does not work, please let us know! In the meantime, you can try using JDK 8 instead as a temporary workaround.

Nope, not fixed… I checked out a clean copy. This occurs from a fresh clone. I will try your recommendations when I have a chance.

If you cloned the repository, its likely that the game runner config file is incomplete.

The following two fields are empty in the repo, but set in the downloadable starter pack:

• “game-config-file-location” - The path to the game engine config file
  • “game-engine-jar” - The path to the compiled game engine jar (game-engine-jvm-full-.jar)