Javascript Portal issue

Hey,

I uploaded my JavaScript Bot seems stuck on “building”, JavaScript does not necessarily build (or it did not previous years)

It might resolve over time, But thought I would mention before 12.

This one has my mind slightly fractured.
You tweak this value, you start losing past seeds you dominated, And that cycle continues.
Know it has a lot to do with the unseen map. But still, I know there’s something I am missing.
But I’m still looking forward to the first event, hopeful for top 8, but, I’m not so sure.

Anyways, Good luck all, I hope I’m underestimating my bot and that it rocks, but this RNG is messing with me a bit… And my score is all over the place.

The build part is probably the installation of npm packages?

Regarding the bot itself, I had to choose between a brute bot and a smarter bot. Wins between them are split 50/50. I chose the smarter one, as I imagine there would be some balancing in future rounds if the top bots are just brutes.
:man_shrugging:

I cannot be sure,

Im only using heuristics, so have no strange abnormal dependencies or anything.
This would be the first year my bot had to “build”, as Javascript is not a Compiled language.

Would love to see my current rank (unsure how I feel about my strategy).
But also left my upload for last moment. Should not be too big a deal if I missed event 1. But one would like a “benchmark”

1 Like

Yes thats correct. In other languages the compilation would happen in the build phase (where it would also gather dependencies). So obviously for Javascript this is only about gathering dependencies.

This topic was automatically closed after 8 days. New replies are no longer allowed.