Leaderboard Problems

Hi All

We are aware that the leaderboard for “Vrrrpa! Wanna dice chaana?” is not updating . The team is hard at work fixing this, we will keep you updated.

And don’t worry, the tournament matches are actually running :slight_smile:

3 Likes

1 Like

Leaderboard should be back online

2 Likes

Looks like it , thanks!

happy-place

1 Like

Am I just being impatient (there’s a fair chance that the answer is ‘yes’) or is it taking forever for the leaderboard to be updated?

1 Like

The leaderboard was only updated at 10:41 and then again at 12:02 (I have a bad case of refresh disease which worsened into an automated tracking system that sends emails and desktop notifications)

3 Likes

that’s called geekitus.
I’m sorry, there is no cure.

1 Like

Looks like it is being updated in very dramatic batches

1 Like

Your tournament results tab at least looks like it updates as matches complete. So with some manual counting, you can figure things out.

Hi guys, since our last tournament the leaderboard had some changes made.

It seems the automatic update function has been broken, and thus it has to run manually.

I am not going to fix the automatic update functionality now in the middle of the tournament to avoid any problems with the ongoing matches.

Thus the leaderboard will be updated on a very sporadic schedule.

2 Likes

Would it help if @kobus-v-schoor writes a script to send an email to an IoT devices that kicks a messenger pigeon out that in turn leads a cat into your home/office so that the cat jumps on your keyboard and so triggers an update?

I’m sure he won’t mind!

(PS: thanks for letting us know @floreggian_entelect !)

3 Likes

Hahaha, no it is alright. I have a semi-random counterweight system that used the gravitational inconsistencies of the earth and the fluctuations of the ionized wavelengths of my flux-capacitor to trigger my cat to get hungry which then meows and then reminds me to hit refresh.

5 Likes

Well, as long as we are striving for automation!

:smiley: :smiley:

You sure? I have a prototype that looks very promising:

1 Like

Looks good @kobus-v-schoor!
Does is support reactive programming though?
That’s so hot right now!

more

@floreggian_entelect

1 Like

You know I was just busy with my other life, have a look now

1 Like

I see it has been a long while since the last new result came through, but there is still a lot of matches that needs to be run. @floreggian_entelect is there a reason why I don’t see new match results coming in?

There are some matches that didn’t run and still needs to be rescheduled. Don’t worry, we are aware of it :slight_smile:

Yes, I am still working on rescheduling the “missing” matches

1 Like