Some questions

Hi

Is there a building for HeatReward, I see a value in the readme file with no associated building for this?
Does territory push inwards on your region as enemies claim the edge of your territory?
What option allows this buff below or does this buff not exist?

• Travel time decrease when travelling to nodes in your territory

For buildings, how does the reward rate affect gathering, eg below?
rate * units * rewardRate?
What does territorySquare do?

Hey @styphoiz

We were considering adding this but it didn’t make the cut. I think the game-rules are incorrect. Sorry about that.

Pretty much. There is some maths that makes territory farther from the bot easier to capture, and territory closer to the bot harder to capture. There is some stuff about this in the game-rules under the Territory section :nerd_face:

It was in the plan initially, but we didn’t end up doing this either, sorry about that.

This one is a bit confusing. The naming wasn’t perfect when the feature was added. The statusMultiplier is added to the base reward rate. The result of this is multiplied by the unit count: (baseRate + increase) * units

TerritorySquare is also a slightly weird one. It makes more sense if we start of with the idea of a territory radius. Each building has a radius of territory when it is placed. Because we are working with a very square and grid-like map, we decided to make the circular radius into a square. The TerritorySquare is basically the radius for the square (but not for diagonals). There is some more about this in the game-rules, and there should also be a nice diagram there to make more sense!

2 Likes

Thanks for this.

On the last one, i dont see it in the readme.
Is it as below?

TerritorySquare = 1

[ ][X][ ]
[X][X][X]
[ ][X][ ]

TerritorySquare = 2

[ ][ ][X][ ][ ]
[ ][X][X][X][ ]
[X][X][X][X][X]
[ ][X][X][X][ ]
[ ][ ][X][ ][ ]

or