Strange Behaviour

I spotted something really weird just now.

Bot A is leading, and drops oil in round 32, while Bot B uses an EMP. In round 33, A has moved one block backwards (and B is still behind, so no collision). What happened?

======================================================================================================
round:32
player: id:1 position: y:2 x:376 speed:9 state:USED_TWEET statesThatOccurredThisRound:NOTHING, USED_TWEET boosting:false boost-counter:0 damage:0 score:99 powerups: OIL:1, BOOST:5, EMP:3
opponent: id:2 position: y:2 x:362 speed:9

[░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓]
[░░░░░1░»░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░∱]
[░C░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░]
[░░#░░░░░░░#░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░]

======================================================================================================
round:32
player: id:2 position: y:2 x:362 speed:9 state:TURNING_LEFT statesThatOccurredThisRound:TURNING_LEFT boosting:false boost-counter:0 damage:0 score:95 powerups: BOOST:3, EMP:4, TWEET:2
opponent: id:1 position: y:2 x:376 speed:9

[░░∱▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓░░░░]
[░░░░░2░░░░░░░░░░░░░1░»░░░░]
[#▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░C░░░░▓░░░░░]
[░▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░#░░░░░░░#░]

round:33
player: id:1 position: y:2 x:375 speed:3 state:HIT_CYBER_TRUCK statesThatOccurredThisRound:USED_OIL, HIT_EMP, HIT_CYBER_TRUCK boosting:false boost-counter:0 damage:2 score:89 powerups: BOOST:5, EMP:3
opponent: id:2 position: y:2 x:371 speed:9

[░░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░]
[░2░░░1█░»░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░]
[░░C░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░]
[░░░#░░░░░░░#░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░]

round:33
player: id:2 position: y:2 x:371 speed:9 state:USED_EMP statesThatOccurredThisRound:USED_EMP boosting:false boost-counter:0 damage:0 score:99 powerups: BOOST:3, EMP:3, TWEET:2
opponent: id:1 position: y:2 x:375 speed:3

[░░░░░░░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░]
[░░░░░2░░░1█░»░░░░░░░░░░░░░]
[░░░░░░C░░░░▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░]
[░░░░░░░#░░░░░░░#░░░░░░░▓░░]

Hello @rfnel we will look into this later today.

Hello @rfnel. From what we can see, Round 32: P1 uses tweet on their current location, Round 33: P1 is hit by emp and does not move, cyber truck appears and so P1 hits the cyber truck and ends up behind the cyber truck.

Would you be able to confirm if P1 did infact tweet at their current location in Round 32. If not then this requires further investigation.

Hi @KyleMc,

Bot A used a tweet in round 31, although I can’t say exactly where it placed the cybertruck.

In round 32 above, it used oil. However, if it did place a cybertruck on its own location in the previous round, would that collision happen at the start of the round (i.e. on the starting block)?

Edit: I’m specifically asking in the context of this bug fixes from the phase 3 announcements thread.

I have seen this behavior as well. I’d say it’s too late to change now.

Hello @rfnel and @LouisLotter so I had a look. The bug that was fixed was a player hitting a cyber truck in their starting block when fixing. It seems we didn’t anticipate a scenario where a player would be stuck in a block while a cyber truck lands of top of them other than if they weren’t fixing (but this can happen now thanks to an EMP). We won’t be able to address this via a new release since the tournament is tomorrow, but will make an announcement to clarify.

So in summary: a cyber truck will only ignore the players start block if that player is fixing that round. Other than that cyber trucks do not ignore a players start block. i.e. highly advised you don’t drop cyber trucks on yourselves

1 Like

It actually happens a lot,

Probably still has the same limitations as the previous tournament.

But this I will test,

Looking forward, and thank you for reporting.
I assumed this was fixed. Glad I opened this before my last grind.

Hope I have a complete bot (Last year I did not use Snowball at all) but I spent all my time on Lava, which paid off.