The Entelect challenge is coming, what's the theme?

Reminds me of screeps https://screeps.com/

2 Likes

Looks cool. With a bit of help setting up and maybe a crash course in programming, that game could be great for helping kids practice coding

Thanks for the link @RHL… That looks fun, I dontnreally have time, But im super happy with this… Will be fun…

1 Like

Mmmmm Zero Wing is a scrollong shooter. Im confused at the different type of game quotes now.

1 Like

It will all make sense in the end :wink:

Based on the quotes - fast-paced, side-scrolling RTS (with Orc peons) maybe?:rofl:

1 Like

Well the first few quotes all lean towards an RTS style challenge (of course I believe Entelect challenges are always turn based). But I think it will have to do with building a base, building/training units and probably something along the lines of capturing points to gain resources or points and destroying the other player’s base.

The last quote might have nothing to do with Zero wing, but more literal in meaning that your base will be destroyed (or the capture point will belong to us :stuck_out_tongue: )

So in short my guess is point capture, base building, unit training awesomeness.

1 Like

Darn, you guessed it :joy:

That’s an elaborate and bold guess…do you think we put that much thought into the clues? :smirk:

Well you guys seem to put a lot of effort into the whole challenge as it is. Why not the clues as well? :slight_smile:

Either way I know I’m right about the “awesomeness” part.

1 Like

The second image is “lights-2.png” even though its text doesn’t have anything to do with lights. So maybe it is Lights Out?

Or something else light related, since Lights Out looks too simple for an Entelect challenge (just by looking at the initial state you can work out the optimal solution, if a solution exists). Of course, that’s the single player version, maybe it could be made multiplayer - though even then I think whoever chooses the initial layout can make it so that it’s impossible for them to lose!

Looking forward to the challenge again, whatever it is!

1 Like

Looking some more at the “All your base are belong to us” quote, it actually appears in all the games identified so far (Red Alert, Age of Empires, Warcraft) as either a cheat code or in some other context. It’s a pretty widely used meme though, so it could be anything. I stick to my original guess though

could also be a nod to the original “Entelect 100 000 Challenge” as the cheat code in Empire Earth gives you 100 000 resources. But that’s probably stretching it a bit far :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

to quote another famous rts game “HELL ITS ABOUT TIME!”

cant wait till the end of April

2 Likes

Anticipating another teaser later today. Hoping for a clue regarding the actual game, not just the theme…

So thats a starcraft reference.

1 Like

Rishal… I think you are making a bunch of us very curious and anxious to get going.
Well played if your idea was to build excitement in us. Very curious to see what we are doing this year.

1 Like

I know everyone is excited, and possibly a little anxious about the challenge, but don’t fear, the awesome Challenge team is working hard on a Saturday to get the challenge ready for you :blush:

And because you’ve made me feel bad for making you anxious, I will reveal that the exact nature of the challenge has already been guessed correctly :smirk:

1 Like