Tournament 3 Date Update and Release 2022.3.4 · EntelectChallenge/2022-Arctica

I really hope that the team can hold those submissions till 24 August 2022 23:59.

Had a very long but interesting night,

Regardless. I think things can be hyper epic.
Hope the team can be lenient for this one more day.

:pleading_face:

1 Like

I double checked with the guys kicking off the tournament, you should have until midnight tonight (Wednesday) to submit. Strange that the count down was counting to last night.

3 Likes

Im very relieved…

I did push a allnighter betting on this…

Its not that I am unhappy with my entry. But territory was a bit wonky…
Im basically good now.
But doing some tweaks based on matches.

Extremely Happy with this,

Goodluck everyone.
Lets push that last grind…

2 Likes

Same as you, :cry: was doing some tweaking and messed up my bot completely so had to do a lot of rollbacks to get it back to the state it was, my bot is about ready finally.

1 Like

Yeah, Same here,

Just looking at my territorial behaviors and searching for any unnecessary strategy or even “Ghost Units”

Im reasonably confident in my
Unit Strat
& Building Strat

Territory im still just testing some odd cases and trying to account for different Enemy strategies.

Anyways,
Im very happy, Batteries just need to last till 12.
Tomorrow hopefully i can sleep it off.
Left my territory for way too late (Yesterday at around 6PM).

But my implementation was pretty much a write once and work. Though I did switch a x and y and that wasted around 4 hours of my time debugging.

Goodluck, We have 12 hours, I should be completely done by 3 and just really hammering tests thereafter.

1 Like

I have 2 uni assignments due in the next 24 hours so not sure I will be able to grind out these last few hours, but reasonably happy with my bot :slight_smile:

How long after the tournament starts do we normally get results? This is my first time doing this.

Hi @TianCilliers glad that you are with us :smiling_face:

It usually takes us a week to confirm the results and update the leader board on the portal

So you mean to say tonight after work might be a bit late to start on territory?
well, shit.

5 Likes

I got my basic territory in from around 6 yesterday - around 12, but the vast majority of that time was spent hunting a x, y displacement issue.

So its not impossible to do a pretty decent territory strat.

But that depends 100% on your bot, style and existing infastructure.
Fortunately I didnt need to rework much.

But yeah, Im going to safely say if the deadline was last night I would have probably been stuffed.
Still have 2 minor non essential functions to write for my entry.

But im writing very slowly now.
Careful not to add a last minute bug.

2 Likes