Tournament 3 Date Update and Release 2022.3.4 · EntelectChallenge/2022-Arctica

New Tournament Date - Wednesday, the 24th of August!

The tournament has been moved out to Wednesday, the 24th of August! Thank you for helping us apply pressure to move the date out, it wouldn’t have been possible without your help :raised_hands:

New Release

Regarding this latest release, we have put forward a fix for the gold/stone integer overflow issues that have been raised over the past few days. This is basically a check to prevent division by zero.

Thank you @kobus-v-schoor for figuring out this bug and for all the help so far! Could you also just confirm for us that this bug is fixed :raised_hands:

Good luck guys, the extra time should help a lot. Please keep the queries and bugs coming!

With love, the EC team! :heart:

4 Likes

Just ran my bot that triggered the issue against the new starter pack, looks like the issue is resolved, thanks @Jordan! And thanks for extending the deadline, it is much appreciated :smile:

3 Likes

Excellent,

Will also keep an eye open.
Have not had much time to dabble with territory

1 Like

Hi @Jordan,

I’ve had a couple of game engine crashes when claiming territory. The game engine crashes completely and the match doesn’t complete.

The error is as follows (sorry, not much to work with):

[ERROR] [Core]: Failed to run GameRunLoop with error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
ConState: Connected
Bot: de3cb14b-2f3b-4098-92af-4b80525307f3
[DEBUG] [PLAYERCOMMAND]: PlayerCommand: [ command: {"PlayerId":"de3cb14b-2f3b-4098-92af-4b80525307f3","Actions":[{"Type":3,"Units":0,"Id":"145e424f-e1b3-4f10-a07f-217340873dcc"}]}, , bot: de3cb14b-2f3b-4098-92af-4b80525307f3 ]
[INFO] [ActionService]: Invalid action received
[DEBUG] [Core]:    at Engine.Handlers.Actions.OccupyLandActionHandler.ProcessActionComplete(Node node, List`1 playerActions) in /home/runner/work/2022-Arctica/2022-Arctica/game-engine/Engine/Handlers/Actions/OccupyLandActionHandler.cs:line 43
   at Engine.Services.EngineService.SimulateTickForBots(IList`1 bots) in /home/runner/work/2022-Arctica/2022-Arctica/game-engine/Engine/Services/EngineService.cs:line 359
   at Engine.Services.EngineService.ProcessGameTick() in /home/runner/work/2022-Arctica/2022-Arctica/game-engine/Engine/Services/EngineService.cs:line 193
   at Engine.Services.EngineService.GameRunLoop() in /home/runner/work/2022-Arctica/2022-Arctica/game-engine/Engine/Services/EngineService.cs:line 83
   at Engine.Services.SignalRService.<Startup>b__8_1(Task task) in /home/runner/work/2022-Arctica/2022-Arctica/game-engine/Engine/Services/SignalRService.cs:line 122

This does not appear to happen when only one of the bots is claiming territory (that is, if I play my bot against three reference bots)

Thanks for the catch @rfnel we’ll have a look!

1 Like

@rfnel to confirm this only happens when more than one bot to attempting to claim territory?

Initially, I thought that was the case. But I have since spotted it in a round with bots that don’t claim territory, so I’m not so sure anymore.

Edit: It happens intermittently, so it’s hard to recreate and I’m speculating on possible causes. Is there anything that would make a claimable piece of land “not claimable”? What would happen if one player were to construct a building on a cell while another player has units on the way to claim it?

There might be one case:

What happens if you try and claim a land, and someone builds on said land?
Does this happen when you try and claim Resource nodes, Or perhaps you are claiming open land,
And because the build action was started it completely freaks out.

Thats a case I can think of.
Lol… Replied before I finished reading your post… :unamused:

The tournament has been moved out to Wednesday, the 24th of August ! Thank you for helping us apply pressure to move the date out, it wouldn’t have been possible without your help

Does this mean entries close Midnight on Tuesday?
Just want to be sure.

1 Like

Hey Willie @WillieTheron!

I just confirmed. For all tournaments the entries close on midnight!

Midnight Tuesday or Wednesday?
Tuesday Correct?

Oh sorry missed that part :sweat_smile: it’s midnight Wednesday!

Ooh, Thats very nice,

Thank you, That extra day will be golden

1 Like

Midnight generally confuses me. So my question in short is, is the deadline Tuesday 23:59 or Wednesday 23:59? :smile:

I was thinking the same, like the petrol price :sweat_smile:

Oh man yeah, This has me consused again as well.

For me, Midnight always hooks to the day we are on.

So I treat it as 24:00 and not 00:00
Though 00.00 is probably more correct,

I hope since they confirmed for me its:

Wednesday, the 24th of August at 23:59,

For me that would be a great time Though I am pretty much done already.
Im really doing a bit of paranoia checks

5 Likes

:partying_face:

That extra day to run random seeds will be most welcome for me.

Im super excited to finally give in a complete bot.

I dont know if I ever entered a complete solution.
Even in 2019 I forgot to add snowball. **Edit, I didnt forget, Just couldnt get to it,

2 Likes

Countdown seems to be until 23 August, 23:59?

1 Like

This is the one that I accept as reality :melting_face:

1 Like