Tournament Problems!

I have loaded one of my Matches, and have found that something went wrong! Very wrong.
My bot is showing that its not doing any commands… This is not right at all…

Take a look at the following:
Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

I know for a Fact, that there is no possible way my commands would result in “No Command”. As well as only running for 0ms.

Please Investigate why this happened, or rerun the match at least again.

This is the Match that has problems…

• box-carting - Franche van den Berg vs Mallin Moolman
  • 2020.05.03.09.35.12.zip

By the looks of it, the Engine did not run my Bot exe correctly or something…
Please investigate as this will impact my Scoring and results.
@floreggian_entelect, @Renette, @KyleMc

Also, take a look at this:

I can promise that there is no way my bot would result to this behavior.

It looks like this until the end of the file.
Please assist.
Kind regards

We have received your request and are looking into this problem now.

Entelect Team

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile: Looking forward to the feedback.

Initial investigations seem that the bot is just not responding for some matches.

We will re run the matches that failed. But this will only happen after the tournament matches have all completed. This is to preserve server resources to completing the tournament.

Hey, Pardon jumping on this thread, I sent you a DM, please look at it whenever you have a moment

fyi

This seems to be the problem with the engine runner:

java.lang.NullPointerException: null
	at za.co.entelect.challenge.player.TournamentPlayer.setExecutionResult(TournamentPlayer.java:81) ~[game-runner.jar:?]
	at za.co.entelect.challenge.player.entity.BasePlayer.executeBot(BasePlayer.java:79) ~[game-runner.jar:?]
	at za.co.entelect.challenge.engine.runner.GameEngineRunner.lambda$onProcessRound$1(GameEngineRunner.java:130) ~[game-runner.jar:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_212]

Hi @floreggian_entelect
It seems there are some issues with engine, I know you will re run those with issues after first round finishes but do we need to request or you are monitoring?
Here is what I see in the match log

and result is my lose with 0 for both

1 Like

I see even more issues, for instance in the match.log says Consecutive timeouts but in actual log for that specific round command saved correctly means bot responded before time out.
And here:

My command in round 3 is use_boost but engine doesn’t apply it as you see
and all of a sudden my bot is boosting in round 4 and the power up used.
Also as you see there is no obstacle in its path.

but in round 5 speed reduced to 9, why? does engine count opponent as obstacle when you jump over it?

I found more matches with the same issue.
Ill compile a list of the matches on my side with these issues tomorrow. Maybe it could help in some way.

Regards

1 Like

From what I see on your screenshots.
There is a Mud at position 17,2.
Player A is in-front of you, So when you activated Boost, you effectively “Drove” into his rear end. Thus not allowing you to move your 15 spaces.
You then landed on 16,2 and Player A landed on 17,2 (Where the Mud is located).
The only things that would disable your boost are: Mud, Oil Spill and decelerate.
With this in mind, you effectively did not loose your boosting. Thus you still had boost when sitting behind the Player A at 16,2.
But next round you effectively ran over the Mud tile, thus stopping your boost.
Im not sure why you have been returned to 9 speed thou, my understanding is that you return to your previous speed before boost, which in this case should have been 3? But all things considered.
This would be the correct way of handling opponent encounters.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

If we find matches that are unsuccessful like these (bot for some reason didn’t start up), we will trigger a rerun of the match.

1 Like

Boost logic is different from what you observed.

When you use boost and hit mud you revert to the max speed (9) and that ticks as normal, so if you boost and hit 5 muds you go 15 - 9 - 8 - 6 - 3

Boost can be used to fix bad choices in this regard.

**This is in rules under use Boost

2 Likes

Thanks for replying, I think I missed the fact that the opponent covering mud and that’s why my bot lost the boosting and got back to 9 as it was one mud.

1 Like

@floreggian_entelect
I have dropped you a PM. Please let me know if you have more info for me.