Visualiser Update + Notes

Hey all,

I revised my visualiser somewhat:

some notes regarding that:
I added the 2 new buildings that was missing.

The logs in the newer versions become quite large, So I linked @kobus-v-schoor 's log cleaner as well (In the Readme):
It strips out some unnecessary data and can be used to skip rounds (Brilliance of @Kortgat )

I also just Doubled the Round display so that the visualizer counts in Rounds of 2.
I might add some Territory measures that reads and assesses pressure. But at this stage I have no need for that yet.

But this will only be tomorrow if deemed necessary.
Im still just revising my current version.

Everythings looking great, but I had some issues testing due to log sizes.

Maybe this helps some people build further as we had a lot of back and forths regarding the log sizes

5 Likes

Thanks Willie, have you encountered this error on the log manipulation by any chance?
Might be Windows 11 or my version of python.

new_path = f'{dirname}/{fname}_clean{ext}'
                                         ^

SyntaxError: invalid syntax
(base)

I think you’re using a version of Python < 3.6 - that’s when f-strings (the format you’re seeing there) was introduced

1 Like

Had 3.96 and 2.7 installed, looks like they were conflicting, worked after I uninstalled 2.7, thanks

I actually stripped that part out and just overwrite my own log.

Reason being my computer did not want to write the new file. Overwriting works and immediately reduces the size. and Im perfectly fine with that.

So thats all I experienced.

Found that issue as well when I ran, changed my bat file to use the full path which worked like charm.

Hey guys, I started running into an issue where my cleaner script consumes all of my machine’s ram when the log size reaches around ~2.7GB :sweat_smile: I’ve updated the script (check the original link) to now parse the log file in a streaming fashion - the memory usages for such a large log file still isn’t great (~8GB) but it’s at least a lot better now and I can parse it. I tried a few things to further decrease the memory usage but then the performance started suffering so I left it in its current state.

I also added a fix for the issue that @WillieTheron and @styphoiz probably ran into since I think you guys are using Windows? If so it was a path separator thing, it should now be fixed.

2 Likes

Yeah, mine was on windows, it had some path somewhere that i was too lazy to go and find :slight_smile:

I was also on Windows my end.

My logs are not yet 2.7 GB, Ibe geen having fun writing a Mini Building AI inside my own AI.

Should have started with that for Event 2.

Thank you, I only now see how valuable this update is,

My rig has started complaining when im parcing logs and doing other things.

This is pretty smoothe now

1 Like

I was able to halve the memory usage of the cleaner script without incurring a performance hit using memory maps (YMMV), so if the last update still uses too much memory for your machine try out the new update, it might to the trick.

1 Like

Will take a look,

After the update mine has been insanely smooth and stable.

But yeah, If theres issues I will look.
I at elast finally finished my build strat, Something kept bothering me about my old one,
Then it hit me.

So now its the reasonably easy yet insanely complex task of territory.
So glad deadline was moved.
I can do territory in 1 day because of how my bot was built.

But we had many bugs earlier.

@kobus-v-schoor @WillieTheron did you guys need to go for higher tick deductions when running the clean script.

I keep getting this, not sure if you’ve seen this. I missed the “CondencedLoggingToggle”: “false” when I downloaded the new version which I added afterward but still getting the error.
Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected end of JSON input
at JSON.parse ()
at reader.onload (visualiser.html:284:19)

Not on my end,

Also the “CondencedLoggingToggle”: “false” seems redundent now.

If you run the cleaner and you get a file under 1000MB and cannot load that into the visualiser it could be a system memory issue. In that case you could consider a tick of 3,

I have been pretty good with the current cleaner.

Thanks, will give that a go and see if it does any better.

are yu using chrome or firefox? chrome gives that error on much smaller json files try to use firefox

1 Like