Will an online practice arena be useful?

This is still WIP and most things don’t work yet, but I’d like some opinions, thoughts and rants if you want.

https://www.codingame.com/contribute/view/426695b1e8bca43fb9114bf0f46ec168a759

There will be some changes, due to CG limitations

• CG allows a total AI time of maximum 30 seconds so time allowed per move is set to the minimum 50ms and max rounds is 300.
  • State inputs will have to be received from STDIN
  • Moves must be made by writing to STDOUT
  • Not responding within the time limit will treated as a lose, do nothing is still an option though.

Scream at me folks

2 Likes

UPDATE: The Input and Output and templates are up.

If you select a language and refresh the code, the default will now include a template to read the gamestate from STDIN and write a default command to STDOUT.

Commands will still not do anything yet.

Please check out the template and let me know if I missed something.

Also I’m no artist if you think you have a better images for the worms please send them to me. Tiles are 32x32 pixels.

TTFN (Ta Ta for now)

2 Likes

Updated.

https://www.codingame.com/contribute/view/426695b1e8bca43fb9114bf0f46ec168a759

Commands are now processed, and it should all work in theory though I haven’t tried to check everything yet so please let me know if you find any bugs.

The default AI currently only does nothing commands, so he should be easy to beat. If you submit your code you will play against others that have submitted their code and you will be able to view replays of matches and stuff like that.

Since the game uploaded as a draft version I’m not to sure if your history will be kept in the arena, please don’t assume that it will be.

TODO:

• get someone to add a problem statement. (any volunteers? It goes in the config folder and I don’t know html)
  • find better worm images. (if you have any it’s all 32x32 tiles)
  • add health bars to worms.
  • add events to the replay (kill events, invalid move descriptions)
  • add simple play logic to the default bot.

Finally the referee code is public if you want to look at it.

Also let me know if you have any other thoughts or ideas.
Please give it a try

1 Like

Kudos on the idea and big thumbs up.

Updated:

Fixed score when shooting deep space cells
Added a first draft of a problem statement.

TODO:
Logo Game screen
Demo Match
Results end screen
Graphics to show worms shooting
Worm Health bars.

Updated:
Fixed some gameplay bugs
Added “Lazers” for shooting
Added health bars
Changed the worms (still not quite right i think)

TODO:
Logo Game screen
Demo Match
Results end screen

1 Like

@linjoehan Is the Coding Game submission still active? I see a message that the contribution was not moderated on time?

This is a super useful contribution.

It should still be playable, but won’t have any of the rule updates in it. I also don’t think that it was being used much so I didn’t bother updating it.

1 Like