Your own cybertruck does not block you?

So My silly bot just did the following, It placed a Cybertruck in front of the opponent that was very close so it actually put it in front of itself… I thought it would get blocked itself but the strategy actually worked… It seems you are not blocked by your own cybertruck: Is this intended behavior?

round:5
player: id:1 position: y:3 x:27 speed:8 state:TURNING_RIGHT boosting:false boost-counter:0 powerups: OIL:1, BOOST:1, TWEET:1
opponent: id:2 position: y:3 x:31 speed:9

[░Φ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░Φ▓░░░]
[░░░░░░▓░#░░░░Φ░░░░░░░░░Φ▓░]
[T░░░»1░░░2░░▓░░»░░░░░░░░░░]
[░░░░░▓░░░░░░▓░░░░░░░▓▓░░░░]

C;5;ACCELERATE
C;5;USE_TWEET 3 43

Completed round: 5

=======================================
Starting round: 6

======================================================================================================
round:6
player: id:1 position: y:3 x:36 speed:8 state:HIT_MUD boosting:false boost-counter:0 powerups: OIL:1, BOOST:1, TWEET:1
opponent: id:2 position: y:3 x:40 speed:8

[░░░░░░░░░░░░Φ▓░░░░░░░░░░░░]
[░░░░Φ░░░░░░░░░Φ▓░░░░░░░░░░]
[░░░▓░1»░░2░░C░░░░∱░░░░░░░░]
[░░░▓░░░░░░░▓▓░░░░░▓░░░░░#░]

C;6;ACCELERATE
C;6;ACCELERATE

Completed round: 6

=======================================
Starting round: 7

======================================================================================================
round:7
player: id:1 position: y:3 x:42 speed:3 state:HIT_CYBER_TRUCK boosting:false boost-counter:0 powerups: OIL:1, BOOST:2, TWEET:1
opponent: id:2 position: y:3 x:49 speed:9

[░░░░░░Φ▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░]
[░░░░░░░░Φ▓░░░░░░░░░░∱░░░T░]
[»░░░░1░░░░░∱2░░░░░░░░▓░░░░]
[░░░░░▓▓░░░░░▓░░░░░#░░░░░░░]

Hi @LouisLotter, I thought that this behaviour was possible and I raised the issue on Github, but the issue was closed.

I’ve added your situation as a unit test and it seems to have confirmed my hunch (player 1 hits the cybertruck and it then gets removed, after which player 2 doesn’t hit anything since the cybertruck doesn’t exist anymore). I’ve linked to this post in my pull request that contains the unit tests to trigger the issue

1 Like

Hello @LouisLotter and @kobus-v-schoor. Thanks for highlighting. It is concerning as we ran simulations based on an issue opened by @kobus-v-schoor . Will forward this to the team and revert later this evening with how we intend to handle it.

2 Likes

Hello @LouisLotter and @kobus-v-schoor I will be investigating to determine the cause of the issue and will get the update out by Monday the latest. We feel this supercedes the code freeze as this bug presents a major disadvantage for player 1 with regards to cyber trucks. Will revert when there is an update.

2 Likes

Hi @KyleMc, thanks - I’ve updated the pull request I made with code which I believe fixes the issue, and I think I’ve narrowed down the underlying cause in my original issue if it helps. I’m glad to hear this will be fixed regardless of the code-freeze.

Hi @kobus-v-schoor apologies for the silence. Yeah looking at this now, the observations you made in the pull request are correct

Hello @kobus-v-schoor yeah the fix is legit :slight_smile: , thanks. Just gonna add more unit tests after merging, should have a new starter pack a bit later this evening

1 Like