Announcements

I assume the text “Spawn a cyber truck at lane 4, block 76 next round” in the game rules is just a typo and we can place a cyber truck on any visible (and invisible?) block? I didn’t see anything in the code which suggests the restriction to that particular block. Ref:

Hello @marvijo that is correct. The 4 76 was just to illustrate how the command is used. So USE_TWEET 3 750 would place a cyber truck at lane 3 block number 750.

1 Like

Random question:
For the coming tournament, will we still run mirrored seeds?

I have some seeds that has extreme advantage to one side and I’m not sure after the last tournament if this was implemented.

Running a seed with player A and B and then swapping them as mentioned here:

This would really be the most fair approach. I have some seeds where my lead bot wins by 300 tiles and there’s absolutely nothing I can analyze that would change the outcome for the back. Even using Trucks in the best way possible (Though this is debatable, They are fairly handy)

Even playing a weaker bot. Some seeds are just lost and interference is fairly pointless.

So wondering if we are still playing Dual matches

Hello @WillieTheron yes the plan for the 2nd tournament is to still run the 2 matches for proven fairness :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome, Cause Im having psycological warfare here.

Theres not many cases, But this will help a lot… Must just make sure my car does not break on its way to the track away… Meh…

Hello everyone, we have a new release of the starter pack.
You can download it here

• The need for this release was due to a bug regarding cybertrucks which gave player 1 a huge disadvantage. We felt this bug had a big enough impact on fairness to warrant the change even though we are in the code freeze.

• It has also been noted the wall generation chance is actually 1% even though it is stated at 5%. We did not update this to respect the code freeze but this will be fixed after the 2nd tournament.

All the best for the 2nd tournament :slight_smile:

Thanks to everyone who helped with pull requests and reported issues!

2 Likes

Hi Entelect Team (cc @floreggian_entelect) , what time is the second tournament starting?

3 Likes

Looks like it’s started! https://challenge.entelect.co.za/tournaments/the-furious-and-the-fast-42

5 Likes

looks like a lot more entries this time around!

@Malman: DUDE your bot absolutely nailed it!

1 Like

Go @Malman I’m cheering you on for a 100% win rate!

2 Likes

Haha, thanks guys, holding thumbs!

1 Like

@Malman - you are a mad lad.
Congratulations on that mind bending 100% winrate - when everything is done, I would beseech you to share some info on HOW???

Considering I could not dedicate the time necessary to actually implement cyber truck usage, I will take my current placing with a smile. For now.
Hoping the next game release is not too hectic change-wise, so that I can catch up… and just maybe, by some miracles, break into the top 10 :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hey guys, looks like the tournament is stuck?

1 Like

You mean it’s not done yet??

nope, looks like nobody’s played all their 128 games yet. Unless I’m missing something…

Aw man, you are correct @japes - I had just assumed that after two days it’s done…

Damn, so my position might get even worse :frowning:
Well, is possible that the breadboard is just not updating - first round did have some technical difficulties.
Guess we will have to wait and see.

@Japes is correct - there is still some matches outstanding. We are aware of it.

3 Likes

Was a new tournament started?? Is the first one voided?

looks to me like just the outstanding ones are being played (which would be awesome)