Finals & Comic Con Tickets

Hi there,

Im wondering what access would we expect this year at Comic Con?

I generally make a weekend out of it so want to know what Entelect will give this year?
If its 1x ticket for the Saturday, or 2x for the Saturday (with a +1)

I also recall because of Covid in 2020 there was mention that we would get tickets for the followin year (Which was also canceled)

Anyways, Im really not worried. Just want to buy tickets so long.

PS… I found a small bug in my event 1 entry that was a Roundup Rounddown issue.
Could account for 1 or two of my losses there.
Im not so sure about my current state yet,
But my event 1 bot was a monster. Finding bugs in it is interesting. It might only trigger in 1% of matches though.
But thats sorted.

Thought id ask about tickets. As i want to get prepared myself.

So far as I know, you get one golden ticket with access to all 4 days and the finals take place on the saturday. I also need to get my hands on tickets for the +1’s.

Youd likely only get the actual tickets on the saturday,

So might have a hard time entering earlier

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know the passes that Entelect provides will be weekend passes.

Exellent news, Will that be a single weekend pass?

Is that a single weekend pass then?
Then I will prepare accordingly.

Id likely still pick up tickets for the Friday.
I myself am not in a position to fetch the tickets earlier.
That isnt an issue to me though. Unless Entelect already has a presence at comic con on Friday already.

Looking forward to a Comic Con for a change.
Its been too long.

Yes, it is only a single ticket for the contestant.

1 Like

Only
40 Day(s) 17 Hour(s) till COMIC CON,

@Jako any feedback on when the next tournament and changes will happen as well as if the 8 finalists will have time to do fixes before the finals?

Hi Kortgat,

Please see this post about the next tournament: Release 2022.3.1 · EntelectChallenge/2022-Arctica - Entelect Challenge 2022 / Announcements - Entelect Forum

As far as I know,

The bot you enter in for tournament 3 is your bot.

Theres generally no tweaks allowed after that.

1 Like

I see ticket sales closes tomorrow? Or am i missing something?

Just to confirm if i make finals do I buy my partners ticket for the Saturday?

1 Like

I think the “Phase 2” ticket sales ends tomorrow (e.g. like you get early bird tickets), I think ticket prices are probably going up after tomorrow

1 Like

@Kortgat That is correct, we will only sponsor a ticket for yourself.

1 Like

Thank you, just wanted to buy early bird ticket incase, and left in unassigned just incase I don’t make it and someone else needs a partner ticket

1 Like

@Jako – Any idea by when we would know the top 8?

2 Likes

Guessing not today by the looks of it, was refreshing all day, been seeing the portal change a bit over the day as well.

Looks like the Phase 2 pricing is still in effect, hoping it lasts until the results come out :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Hi everyone,
I just had a chat with the team and they said that to ensure complete accuracy and comfortability with the results they will have to have a look this weekend. We will have the results ready for you before next Monday.

8 Likes

I got a final round invitation email! Congrats @rfnel @kuifie @styphoiz @kobus-v-schoor @WillieTheron @THEKVN @Seuntjie , see you at CCA

1 Like

Congratulations guys, sad I didnt make it :frowning:

Day after the submissions closed when I played against someone else’s bot I noticed a pretty crap bug that stopped myne from obtaining population tier 6 because it burned between 100 and 400 wood too much when the wood was done… a simple line comment fixed it and i might have joined you at CCA.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that @Kortgat, that sucks - I think we all are dreading finding a bug (hence my head in the sand attitude). I find the similarities in terms of the issues/solutions discussed thus far very interesting (at least to my own bot), I also spent quite a bit of time trying to get my bot not to over-spend. Looking forward to the discussions around strategy once we get the go-ahead that nothing can change until the finals.

2 Likes