New starter pack release: 2022.1.1

Hi there,

We have released a new version of the starter pack: 2022.1.1

• README updates
  • .net starter bot update
  • more

We are still working on the python bot & the java bot.

Let us know if anything else comes up. We are happy for you to create issues / PR’s in the Github repo.

Happy coding

Am I correct in my assessment that if I get to the phase:
GameStateLog_2022-04-05_02-51-59_GameComplete.json

That everything is working 100%.

There’s currently no visualiser so i need to piece together my own analytics until either an awesome community member or another Entelect team member pieces one together (Like Last year).

Want to make sure im not missing a step where we can visually see the matches.

I think I will attempt a visualiser myself, as something I have not done yet.
Just something simple that takes the Json, loops through it round by round and draws a bunch of coloured circles based on the data.

Could be interesting. Going to look at that these next few days before I even look at AI changes.

A visualizer would be great! :smiley:

1 Like

Any idea on how to resolve this issue, testing to see if I can at least start the runner.

[2022-04-05T15:29:33.785Z] Warning: Error from HTTP request. FetchError: request to http://localhost:5000/runnerhub/negotiate?negotiateVersion=1 failed, reason: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:5000.
[2022-04-05T15:29:33.786Z] Error: Failed to complete negotiation with the server: FetchError: request to http://localhost:5000/runnerhub/negotiate?negotiateVersion=1 failed, reason: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:5000
[2022-04-05T15:29:33.786Z] Error: Failed to start the connection: FetchError: request to http://localhost:5000/runnerhub/negotiate?negotiateVersion=1 failed, reason: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:5000
Disconnected
$ [DEBUG] [Core.Startup]: Can not see runner at http://localhost:5000/api/health/runner. Waiting 1 second and trying again.
[DEBUG] [Core.Startup]: Can not see runner at http://localhost:5000/api/health/runner. Waiting 1 second and trying again.
[DEBUG] [Core.Startup]: Testing network visibility of Runner
[DEBUG] [Core.Startup]: Testing URL: http://localhost:5000
[DEBUG] [Core.Startup]: Testing network visibility of Runner
[DEBUG] [Core.Startup]: Testing URL: http://localhost:5000

:shushing_face: Hmmm. I need a faster PC, more RAM, more SSD… I tested a 2 BOT game and the GameStateLog with the detail for each tick is more than 300MB in size. Takes my PC about 5 minutes to open in the JSON in Notepad++ (Visual Studio tried for a minute or 2 and then complained the size > the 5MB max for JSON). And after loading the file into Notepad++ it takes some more minutes to format the JSON. :frowning: I need a visualizer soon (a fast one that is!)

On this note, Yeah,

I also assessed those large logs, Now for my visualiser I need to load the whole file in and process that efficiently.
My rig is at least not showing issues but can imagine a 4GB machine throwing a tantrum.

For now im just assessing game rules. I actually still have no idea what the concepts are.

On a secondary note, I dont feel that the game will stay at 2500 ticks.
But I do think maps can get a bit larger.

Should make some differences. We are still very early and i cant really speak about anything my end,
I should have a visualizer together, just a bunch of color coded dots.

But first reading rules to know what data represents to start with.

**Doubt I can help with a fast visualiser.

Javascript seems to load the file pretty stably… But thats without doing much calls

I have not run accross this one my end.

My rig is clean so i did need to do all setups from scratch.
My issues were more Signalr complaints. And a few others like pointing to the reference bot (via node.JS bat call (same as I did last year).)

Managed to fix that with npm install and needed to download .net 6 dependancies, did the same as you with my configs as last year so expected it to just kick off.

2 Likes

Resolved now, I see this error was in the startup as well.

It was not possible to find any compatible framework version
The framework ‘Microsoft.AspNetCore.App’, version ‘6.0.0’ (x64) was not found.

• The following frameworks were found:
    2.1.23 at [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
    3.1.21 at [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
    3.1.22 at [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
    3.1.23 at [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
    5.0.12 at [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
    5.0.13 at [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
    5.0.15 at [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
    6.0.0-preview.2.21154.6 at [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]

You can resolve the problem by installing the specified framework and/or SDK.

The specified framework can be found at:

1 Like

I had the same issue, and could only solve it by rebuilding the runner to run under Net5.0.

Can we still enter the challenge? because in the T’s and C’s it says cannot enter after 21 September 2021

Don’t see the tournaments as yet on the portal but I’m positive this is meant to be September 2022.

1 Like

I don’t think they have updated that part. I think it just the old year’s stuff. You can definitely still enter.
And it may be like @styphoiz said, 21 September 2022.

1 Like

Hi @WillieTheron the GameStateLog_2022-04-XX_XX-XX-XX_GameComplete.json file means that the game loop has completed successfully.

With reference to you’re comment

That everything is working 100%.

If you are referring to the SignalR connections then I would say yes. You’re bot is connecting and payloads are being sent and received successfully until the end of the tick count. However we are still planning on releasing patches for known bugs and balancing .

We are currently working on a visualizer for you guys (be on the look out for updates :)). You’re welcome to create your own in the mean time. ^^

Hey @THEKVN we’re

OnItKermitGIF

Be on the look out for updates :blush:

1 Like

:see_no_evil: @kuifie that sounds horrible!

We are working on a visualizer for you guys! Until then you can manually lower the tick rate on the game engine in the appsettings file to make the data consumption easier to work with.

We will look into lowering the tick rate. Based on the continued community feedback :blush:

1 Like

Hey again @WillieTheron sorry that the readme is not clear :see_no_evil:

Please can you let us know what concepts are not gelling. We’ll look into updating the readme with more diagrams and more accurate explanations.

On your second point we are planning on making changes to balancing and tick rate based on the community feedback so keep the comments coming :grin:

Hi @styphoiz thanks for the providing the solution!!
we’ll update the readmes accordingly ^^

Hey @kuifie I recommend using the DotNet 6.0 we will update the readme according to @styphoiz’s solution

1 Like