Walls chance 5% or 1 %

Hi according to the game-config.json the percentage chance for things to spawn is:
“MUD_GENERATION_PERCENTAGE”: 10,
“BOOST_GENERATION_PERCENTAGE”: 1,
“OIL_ITEM_GENERATION_PERCENTAGE”: 1,
“WALL_GENERATION_PERCENTAGE”: 5,
“TWEET_GENERATION_PERCENTAGE”: 1,
“LIZARD_GENERATION_PERCENTAGE”: 1
After watching a lot of games with the latest games runner I realized that the walls were not showing up nearly as frequently as I expected. So I collected some statistics and it seems the walls only spawn at about 1 % frequency.

I have not investigated the map generation code yet to understand why but this seems like a bug ??
Has anyone else noticed this ?

2 Likes

Looks like the bug is here - well spotted!

2 Likes

Classic Copy pasta error :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello @Malman and @LouisLotter, thanks for spotting this. Will forward to the team and revert with action plan later this evening

Hello @Malman and @LouisLotter, in an effort to respect the code freeze we will not be updating the wall generation chance and will instead make an announcement so that the difference is known. Will will however fix the generation percentage after the 2nd tournament.

That’s fine As long as I know what % to feed my simulator.

5 times more walls would make for a completely different bot though. Thats going to be interesting.

I just ran some tests on a 5% chance. Its interesting indeed. really slows my matches by a few points. Far harder to keep speeds up.